This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Simmons chapter.

1. Art Museums

Who doesn’t love some good art?! Boston has several amazing art museums including Harvard Art Museum, the Museum of Fine Arts, the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum, and the Institute of Contemporary Art.  New exhibits go on display often, so you’ll never run out of fresh aesthetics to add to your insta feed.

Getting There 

– Harvard Art Museum: Red Line to Harvard

– MFA: Green (E) Line to MFA

– Isabella Stuart Gardner: Green (E) Line to Longwood

– ICA: Silver Line to Courthouse Station 

2. The Harbor

Boston Harbor is viewable from dozens of piers, parks and walkways. Here you can see the ocean, mega yachts and sailboats. If you find the right spot, the harbor can be one of the most peaceful parts of the city, and that salty air is oh so refreshing.  

Getting There

– South Station (Red Line)

– Government Center (Green Line)

– Aquarium (Blue Line)

3. The North End

The north end is a Boston staple known for its seemingly-endless Italian restaurants and bakeries. It’s also a great area for photography, whether that be food photography or something more architecturally focused.  Be sure to grab a cannoli while you’re wandering around!

Getting There

– Haymarket (Green Line)

4. Charles River

The Charles separates Boston and Cambridge, and the coast along the banks of the river are some of the prettiest areas in the city. The Esplanade (on the Boston side of the river) is a wonderful park, a great place to relax and a perfect vantage point for city sunsets. Memorial Drive (on the Cambridge bank of the river) offers spectacular views of the Boston skyline.

Getting There

– Esplanade: Green Line to Arlington

– Memorial Drive: Red Line to Kendall

5. The South End

The South End of Boston one of the city’s hidden gems. Here you’ll find dozens of streets flanked by brownstones and accompanying private gardens. Not only is there street after street of perfect architecture, but this area also offers some unique views of the Boston skyline! Head down on a weekend and check out SOWA open market for some extra fun and delicious food.

Getting There

– Orange Line to Mass Ave

– 8 or 47 bus

Photos courtesy of Sydnie Merlino

A third-year Nursing and Psychology student at Simmons College. When I'm not studying (which I must admit isn't often), I love exploring Boston, eating delicious food, and taking photos with my Canon!