Mr. Siena 2019 – Meet Thom Schlinck

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

It’s the event that we’ve all been waiting for — Mr. Siena! Get to know the contestants before you see them strutting their stuffs on stage. Next up is Thom Schlinck, senior history major and Spanish minor!

Her Campus Siena: What made you want to become involved with Mr. Siena?

Thom Schlinck: I’ve always thought that Mr. Siena is a great way to pull the Siena community together over a shared enjoyment of a group of guys making fools of themselves on stage, all while raising money for an awesome organization in Habitat for Humanity.

HCS: Have you done any service trips? If so, where?

TS: I’ve been to Nicaragua the past two years and St. Francis Inn in Philly this past January, and my trips have been an awesome experience in being aware that every person has a story to tell and can teach you something. I have been humbled and inspired by what I’ve heard, seen, and experienced on these trips. Also, getting to see volcanoes in Nicaragua and being able to try my first ever cheesesteak in Philly were two incredible opportunities!

HCS: Are you doing any service trips in the spring?

TS: I’m blessed to be leading a group of 5 students to Puerto Rico in February through the Franciscan Center for Service and Advocacy to help with solar panel installation in San Juan.

HCS: Let’s give the people some hints… what is your special talent that we might see at Mr. Siena?

TS: I’ll be playing a little guitar and singing a song and everyone will (hopefully) want to sing along with me!

HCS: What would you like to say to the people of Siena?

TS: Thanks for coming and supporting Mr. Siena these past few years, and we hope we see you there on February 2nd!

Mr. Siena is on Saturday, February 2nd at 8:00 pm in the Marcelle Athletic Complex! Buy your Mr. Siena presale-tickets at the Welcome Desk in the Sarazen Student Union for $6, or at the door for $8. See you there, Saints!

Kathryn Anderson is a Siena College Class of 2020 alumna. She studied Marketing during her time at Siena.