Madysen Cossack ’19 – Siena Softball Player

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

Ever been to a softball game and seen player number 12 on the field killing the game? Then you have probably seen Madysen Cossack. Or you might even be lucky enough to be friends with this laughable friendly girl. Read more below to get to know about Siena softball first baseman, Madysen Cossack.

Name: Madysen Cossack

Year: 2019

Major: English

Her Campus Siena: What do you love about Siena the most?

Madysen Cossack: I love the great sense of community and how welcoming everyone always is. 

HCS: What do you love most about softball?

MC: I think what I love most about softball is my team, I admire how hard we all work to get to our end goal, which is a MAAC championship, but still manage to have fun along the way. Having my teammates by my side is what makes all the practices and games worth it to me.

HCS: Where are you from?

MC: Agoura Hills, California, which is technically Los Angeles.

HCS: What would you say to prospective students at Siena?

MC: Siena is the perfect fit if you’re looking for a school with a community feel, you will almost always run into someone you know and everyone is extremely friendly. I also love the fact that the class sizes are smaller so when you go to your professor for help they actually know who you are and how to help you.

HCS: Any hidden talents?

MC: Nope, not that I can think of.

HCS: What are your goals?

MC: I’d really like to travel the world before I’m 25, and then focus on my career and maybe even starting a family. At the end of the day, my goal in life is to be in a job I love, surrounded by people I love, and to be happy whatever that may lead to.

HCS: What is your best quality?

MC: I am very loyal and protective of the people in my life, I don’t know if other people would say it’s my best quality but I think it’s definitely the one I’m most proud of.

HCS: Favorite movie genre?

MC: It’s hard for me to pick one because I am such an avid movie watcher, like my favorite movie is probably Mamma Mia but I am always down for a nice rom-com or horror.

HCS: Favorite artist?

MC: Ed Sheeran! I saw him in concert for the first time this summer and it was amazing.

HCS: One thing you would love to change about the world?

MC: I’d stop the whole Tide Pod eating thing… it’s just gross and stupid.

HCS: Favorite place in the world and why?

MC: There is a place called “God’s Seat” back in Malibu, CA, you have to drive through the canyon toward the beach so it’s about 15 minutes from my house, but when you get there you’re super high up in the mountains and you have to climb this rock. At the edge of this rock is a little ledge which is the whole “God’s Seat” part of it and it overlooks all the mountains and houses that are around. I always go with friends to watch the sunrise and it’s probably the most beautiful thing in my eyes, so that is for sure my favorite place in the world.

Katey Kohler is a Siena College Class of 2019 alumna. She studied Psychology during her time at Siena.