A List of Things to do in the Next Four Years

1. Adopt a pet.
  2. Participate in a marathon or athletic event.
  3. Try a new flavor of ice cream.
  4. Binge watch a whole season of a show on Netflix. In one day.
  5. Cross three things off your bucket list.
  6. Go to a flea market.
  7. Travel the country.
  8. Start your dream career.
  9. Move to a new place.
  10. Fall in love.
  11. Buy expensive shoes.
  12. Buy a new car.
  13. Clean out your closet.
  14. Try a strange new food.
  15. Learn how to cook.
  16. Dye your hair a crazy color.
  17. Graduate from college.
  18. Go back to school.
  19. Quit your job.
  20. Write a book.
  21. Drive until you get lost.
  22. Recycle.
  23. Stay informed about climate change.
  24. Talk to your friends about climate change. Make sure the people around you are also informed about climate change.
  25. Check in on your minority friends. Tell them they are loved, important, and always welcome in these states, whether they were born here or not.
  26. Make sure the women in your life are safe. Your mother, your sister, your girlfriend, your wife. Remind them that they are valuable and worthy of accessible reproductive care.
  27. Make yourself aware of what is happening, how the nation is being governed. Be informed, but don’t get overwhelmed. Always read the opposite side of the argument.
  28. Call your local representative and tell them what really matters to you. Tell them how they can help you and those you care about.
  29. Remember the previous eight years, how much change occurred. Remember that, yes, history does have a way of repeating itself, both the bad and the good.
  30. Keep in mind that change takes time and sometimes you have to move backward to move forward again.
  31. Take these four years, re-energize, renew, and remember that again, in four years, you make the choice. 

Megan is a happy twenty-something exploring the possibilities of life.  She is the Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Siena and dreams of wearing high heels everyday to work. She can usually be found drinking coffee, working out to Taylor Swift, maxing out her credit card, or scribbling jibberish down in her planner. Follow her adventures on Twitter and Instagram @msalavantis.