How to Rock ’90s Inspired Siena Fest Outfits

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

It’s almost Siena Fest weekend, which means that all of us ladies need to go shopping and plan out our fabulous outfits like it’s the Coachella of Loudonville. Since this year is ’90s-themed, here’s some inspiration for what to wear to the concert, while playing games outside, or just hanging around campus all weekend that will make Rachel Green proud. You’ll notice that all of these things are still super trendy right now, so your perfect ’90s outfit is just a quick trip to Forever 21 away! 

We’re sure that all of these outfits will be super insta-worthy, so tag us in all of your favorite pics from Siena Fest weekend @hercampussiena!

1. Denim Skirts

Denim skirts are a super cute way to add some ’90s to your outfit. They have tons of them at Forever 21, and they’re easy to pair with any simple tank top, tshirt, or crop top for a cute outfit!

2. Denim Anything

Let’s be real, anything oversized denim will look super 90’s. The options are endless: denim jackets, high waisted denim shorts and jeans, denim overalls. Pick any of the above and you’re good to go!

3. Chokers

Everyone might be getting sick of the choker trend, but if you secretly love it and want to bring your favorite chokers back out again, here’s your excuse. Chokers are super ’90s – even just a plain black one adds that extra touch to your outfit. If you want to add even more 90’s flair and reminisce back to your favorite childhood fashion statements, tattoo chokers are a must!

4. Plaid/Flannels

Oversized flannels are the perfect go-to to make any outfit look more ’90s. You can tie them around your waist or throw it on at night when it gets cooler out to add a finishing touch to your outfit. Pair it over a simple dress with some booties or Converse, or over some denim shorts and a crop top!

5. Slip Dress & Vintage Tee

This outfit pulls in two classic 90’s trends– slip dresses and vintage tees. If you’re into a more daring, fashionable look for Siena Fest this outfit is perfect for you. Pick up a slip dress from Forever 21 (they have some for as cheap as $10!) and a vintage tee from a thrift shop to go underneath. The look is easy and light and would be super comfortable with a pair of your favorite Converse or Vans!

6. Go for Rachel Green

You can simply Google Rachel from Friends and get a whole bunch of iconic 90’s looks. A lot of these are easily adaptable to today’s style– just take bits and pieces from any outfit you like and make it your own! Rachel loved to wear plaids, crop tops, and mini skirts!

7. Channel your inner Cher

Cher Horowitz from Clueless is another iconic 90’s character, and she has some fabulous outfit ideas for all of you fashionistas. If you’re feeling daring, you could do a modern twist and imitate her classic yellow plaid skirt outfit, throw on some knee high socks, or wear a tank top over a plain white tee to take some outfit inspiration from Cher.

Good luck putting together your fabulous 90’s outfits and enjoy your Siena Fest weekend!

Emma Burkard is a Siena College Class of 2019 alumna. During her time at Siena, she studied English and also minored in Writing and Communications.