Five Easy Steps To Becoming a Girl Boss

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

College is hard, and sometimes us women forget that we are girl bosses! Being a girl boss may seem hard to achieve, but it actually is pretty easy. I am currently striving to be a girl boss myself, and let me tell you, it is a process. Although these five steps are easy, we need to make sure to keep implementing them into our daily lives. Keep on reading to find out these five steps!

Self Love

This step is very important. In today’s society women are taught to look a certain way and act a certain way. That is false, every girl is beautiful and we need to remind ourselves of this everyday. You can start by saying something nice about yourself once everyday. I know a lot of girls think they are ugly, or too fat, or whatever their insecurities may be. But just by starting to say; wow I really love my outfit, or im having a great hair day. The smallest and simplest things can go a long way. If you try to implement this in your everyday life, you will start to realize how beautiful and amazing you really are.

Know Your Worth

Many girls tend to forget their worth, or even do not know their worth at all. We as women need to know that we are powerful, we are independent, we don’t need a man. Girls today get so wrapped up in their relationships that they lose their self worth. We need to remind ourselves everyday that we mean something and we are good enough. When we lose our self worth, we lose ourselves and to become a girl boss we need to know where we stand.

Set Goals

Goals are very important. They help you create a timeline of where you want to be in the future. Without goals where would we go? When setting goals you give yourself something to look forward to, something that you can see but not yet reach. We have to work to achieve our goals to become the best girl boss we can be. As women we all have different goals, some work related, some relationship related, some school related. Setting goals helps you realize what is truly important to yourself.

Girls Supporting Other Girls

How can a girl boss be a girl boss without other girls? We need to support one another! Period! We cannot get to where we want to be without the support of others. Women are so powerful and when they have numbers, you better watch out. I know from experience the little things do matter. By even commenting on someone’s instagram you look cute! Or I love your outfit! The smallest things can really boost someone’s self esteem. Instead of trying to find drama, find happiness. When I see other girl bosses, I want to be one. So when all of us girls become girl bosses, it makes us stronger.   

Confidence

Confidence can be something that every girl struggles with. We just have to know that we are beautiful. And even if we are not confident in something, fake it till ya make it. If you start to fake act confident, you will start to really be confident. As women, we need to set ourselves up to win. If we start to win, we become more confident. We cannot compare ourselves to others either. We are all different and unique in our own ways, but that is what makes us special. Having confidence will set you up to be a girl boss. You have to know what you want, and then go after it.

I hope these five ways to become a girl boss helped! I am trying to become one myself, so I need to start taking my own advice. Girls supporting girls is the most important because we truly only have each other to rely on. If you keep repeating these steps everyday, you will go somewhere in life. Let’s keep on being Girl Bosses!

Alexandra Gazdik is a Siena College Class of 2022 alumna. During her time at Siena, she studied Marketing with a Concentration in Digital Marketing and Marketing Communications.