Tennis Shoes And Water Bottle
Tennis Shoes And Water Bottle
Her Campus Media
Wellness > Health

Favorite Workout Clothing Brands

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

Ever since I was younger, I always enjoyed working out to stay in shape but also just as a stress reliever and a getaway for a little bit. Although one thing I have dealt with is having confidence in the gym, considering it can be quite intimidating. One thing that has made me feel more confident in the gym is working out in clothes that are comfortable and flattering. These are some of my favorite brands that I have tried.

Fabletics 

Fabletics was always hyped about brands and a lot of influencers and social media stars promoted it, but I never understood the hype until I tried their clothes myself. They have a deal that if you sign up to be a VIP member you get a certain percentage off of clothes and you also get a deal where you get two pairs of leggings for $24. Their leggings are the best leggings I have tried. They are very supportive, high waisted, and flattering. They have the cutest styles, and many different colors. I have also tried their tank tops and sports bras and they are just as high quality and supportive as the leggings. 

Gymshark

Gymshark is one of the newer brands I have tried. I kept seeing the brand all over Instagram and Youtube and thought it was worth it to try. Their leggings are definitely on the thinner side, but still squat proof. They are very high waisted and never slide down my waist as I am working out. They have a bunch of different collections and so many different styles and colors. They also have brought out more lounge wear or athleisure and those clothes are also very cute. 

Girlfriend Collective

This brand is one of my favorites because they have a big company focused on sustainability and that has become more and more important to me as a customer. They have the most beautiful color leggings and they are some of the softest leggings I have worn. I like that they are a thicker material and are also very flattering. 

Joy Lab available at Target 

Joy Lab is a brand sold at Target and online and they have the cutest matching leggings and sports bra. They have very colorful options and are a thinner material so it’s lighter on your body when you are working out. They are a very affordable price and they are great for yoga or more low impact activities. 

Lululemon

Lululemon is a brand I tried to stay away from for so long because I did not want to get sucked in and then become addicted to very expensive workout clothes, however they are definitely worth the hype. I have found that my favorite leggings from them are cropped ones and specifically the ones with the pockets on the side of your thigh. I also love their swiftly tech tank tops and t-shirts. Their sports bras are also great for smaller and bigger chests because they sell a wide variety of styles that accommodate many different sizes.Even though their clothes are pretty pricey and by far the highest price tag out of any of the brands I’ve shared, a good staple black pair of leggings is worth the buy.

One of the most important things to keep me motivated and working out is feeling good in my workout clothes and wanting to put them on to head to the gym. Treating yourself to some nicer pieces will make you feel more comfortable and confident in the gym.  

Caroline Seppa is a Siena College Class of 2022 alumna. She studied Accounting with an Information Systems minor during her time at Siena.