This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

Listening to music is one of my favorite past times, especially when I’m feeling down or getting ready to go out. There’s so many different genes of music out there, that everyone is able to relate to. Empowering music really has the power to make anyone feel like they are on top of the world, here are some of my favorite female artists to listen to that will make you feel like the ultimate girl boss! 

Kehlani

Kehlani is an R&B artist who writes about her life experiences and how they’ve shaped her into who she is today. I’ve been a huge fan of her music for the longest time now and whenever I listen to her music I can’t help but feel like I am the ultimate girl boss and super confident. Some of my favorite songs from her are: 

“Do U Dirty” 

“Too Much”

“Unconditional” 

Ariana Grande

We all know Ariana Grande from her famous role in Victorious, but she is also a very talented singer. She’s been throughout a lot these past few years and her music definitely reflects that. Her songs are very empowering, through her music she expresses that it’s okay to move on from heartbreak and become the best version of yourself. All of her songs have the power to make you feel like THAT GIRL. My favorite tracks from her are: 

“Thank U, Next” 

“God is a Woman”

“No Tears Left to Cry”

Taylor Swift

From country to pop and everything in between, Taylor makes music that’s relatable for everyone. She covers topics such as heartbreak, getting over an ex, growing up, and so much more. Listening to her music makes you feel like you’re never alone. A few of her empowering songs are: 

“Shake It Off”

“22”

“Blank Space”

Dua Lipa

Dua Lipa has recently been very popular in the music industry. When you listen to her music you can’t help but want to dance around your room, she’ll make you feel like the bad bitch that you are! Some of my favorite songs from her are:

“New Rules” 

“Don’t Start Now”

“Blow Your Mind”

I have chosen these female artists because whenever I listen to their music I can’t help but feel inspired and want to become a better version of myself. All of these empowering artists touch upon certain experiences and subjects that every woman can relate to at one point in their life. If you give these songs a listen I hope you like them as much as I do. Happy listening! 

Caroline Regan is a senior at Siena College. She is currently majoring in Communications with a concentration in marketing and a minor in management. She enjoys hanging out with family and friends, going on iced coffee runs, and listening to The Weeknd.