This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ship chapter.

Ever wanted to try out a more expensive product, but do not want to spend the money? Or just want makeup and cannot do that to your bank account again? Then you are a broke diva, my child, and need to know where to find your deals at! For makeup, specifically, check out your local dollar stores for higher end drug store products for about $1 (at least at my local dollar tree). I have personally found Almay Smart Shade face powder, elf brushes, Milani pressed shadow and other small treasures. The only down-side to raiding the makeup section at the dollar stores is they do not always have the same products. This is because they receive product from other’s liquidation sales, so they can sell these products so cheap and stay in business.

Locally, BB’s grocery store outlet works similarly and they have a whole aisle of health and beauty items to pick from. I have stocked up on box hair dye from here with brands like Revlon, Ferreira, Pantene, and Jon Frieda. Even shampoo from Jon Frieda that prices for over $8 at Walmart for $1.75 at BB’s. I have also been able to stock up on argon and sunflower hair oils for my hair for $1.75 each. I have not been able to find much makeup here, but lotions, oils, face products, and hair products are great to find inexpensively here.

Other options you may have luck with is scoping out the beauty clearance section at your pharmacy nearby. This is where I have luck with finding lipstick rather cheap and in bold shades I do not want to spend much on since they will not be worn as much. How else better than to try out a new look than not pay much for it? Thinking about adding something new to the routine? Try to find a cheaper version of the product first to see if you should invest in higher end products. It is at least just fun to roam the aisles and look at everything to pick from. Being a broke diva means looking like fire, but on a budget. Check out your makeup sections in your stores nearby. You may be able to find some deals on a new shade of lippy for your boo next date night. 

My name is Brittany and I am excited to share my experiences writing for Hercampus!