20 Avocado Recipes you will Absolutely Love

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ship chapter.

If you love avocados as much as I do, you know it can be hard to find new, creative, and most importantly, easy and cheap ways to prepare them. A person can only eat so much avocado toast without getting sick of it. Here’s a list of 20 recipes that are unique, easy to make, delicious and college budget friendly.

Snacks/sides:

Avocado cream cheese bite size wraps Super easy and fast recipe. The longest part is cooking the (optional) bacon.

Mango avocado salsa The recipe calls for habaneros, but I’m more of a jalapeño fan myself. This one can be tweaked to fit your personal preferences for spice or consistency and can be eaten with chips or even put on a burger.

Dark chocolate avocado brownies This is as healthy as brownies can get.

Guacamole deviled eggs Combining two of the best party foods is always a good idea.

Quinoa Avocado rolls If the thought of making your own sushi has ever crossed your mind, this is the recipe for you. This one is great for beginners because all you’re rolling up is the quinoa, avocado, spinach and cucumber.

Bacon avocado mac salad Macaroni salad is my favorite side to any wrap or sandwich, so I had to include this one. Watermelon, avocado, cucumber and herb salad With summertime right around the corner, this recipe is a much needed bookmark.

Avocado lime popsicle Good to eat at all hours of the day.

Bacon wrapped avocado Need I say more?

Baked avocado fries Avocados > potatoes.

Meals:

Avocado pizza with red onion, arugula and basil So much green, who knew pizza can be healthy? The recipe provides instructions on making your own dough, but you can buy a bag of the pre-made stuff at Walmart for $1.

Avocado, turkey, brie panini All it’s missing is sliced apples.

Mexican grilled corn avocado toast I know I said avocado toast can get boring, but this is taking things up a notch. If you have access to a grill, this recipe is a must.

Pesto sauce The only thing you have to actually cook here is your favorite kind of noodle. For an even healthier twist, try it over zucchini noodles.  

Breakfast tacos If tortillas aren’t your thing, also tasty on a bagel (especially everything bagels, just saying.)

Tuna stuffed avocado There’s no mayo in this tuna lunch, so here’s a particularly healthy pick even complete with a red bell pepper.

Green shrimp salad Four ingredient salad, but the dressing makes five. The link provides instructions on making your own dressing, but we won’t judge if you just go for the store bought.

Shakshuka Avocado Not quite authentic Middle Eastern cuisine, but still sounds delicious nonetheless. If you like things spicy add a dash of cayenne pepper.

Creamy chicken and avocado enchiladas This one has a lengthy list of ingredients, but don’t let that discourage you. You probably already have about half of them in your house and what you don’t would be cheap to buy.

Sweet chili tofu bowls If you like tofu, this recipe is a must.

Hello! My name is Amanda Mehall and I am a junior at Shippensburg University. My major is communication/journalism with a concentration in print media and I'm minoring in psychology. I'm from northeast Pennsylvania, but I hope to move to New York, hopefully Brooklyn, after I get my degree. I love animals, especially ferrets, makeup, shopping, reading, hiking and watching Netflix. I don't really know what exactly I want to do after graduation, so I'm hoping my experience with HerCampus will guide me somewhere in the right direction. I hope to travel around the country, or even the world, in the future though and drive a truck.
Cat enthusiast. Traveler. Aspiring PR professional.