This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFU chapter.

With absolute sarcasm intended, isn’t it lovely that Halloween weekend always tends to fall right between midterm week? It almost feels inevitable for each college student to transition from studying all week for midterms, to living it up unapologetically for 3 days straight over Halloweekend and then slowly picking up the pieces during the next week. ‘Picking up the pieces’ tends to occur while studying for even more upcoming midterms. Unless you’re prepared to fall behind on schoolwork, you would know that this ‘tried and tested’ trick of celebrating Halloween during midterm season doesn’t usually work. Here are some tips to get you started on this week while you’re recovering and planning your catapult back into real life – which involves hot girl sh*t like feeling your absolute best.

Drink, drink, drink! 

Water, that is. If you want to do anything for your hangover, drinking water should be #1 on the list. Your body is naturally 90 percent water, but it will feel more like 9 percent after a night of heavy drinking. Keep a Brita pitcher on your nightstand and drink up.

Detox with herbal teas

Drinking herbal teas (like fennel, mint, or chamomile) the morning after a crazy night is supposed to calm, soothe and relax your stomach. Tea also works wonders on headaches and indigestion, especially when sweetened with honey.

Eat your fruits and veggies

Alcohol flushes vitamins from your body, so now you need to indulge in fruits and vegetables; they will help your body rebound after a long night out.

Get some shuteye

After getting to bed as the sun is rising, you’re probably surprised that you woke up just a few hours later (much to your chagrin). Question is, why does this always happen? The spins and other effects of alcohol can interfere with your REM cycle. The solution is plain and simple: if you had a late night, rest up the next day. Stock up by taking a couple naps through the day!

Restore the flora in your stomach

That’s right. It’s important to balance the levels of probiotics in your tummy — it will aid in the digestion and metabolism of alcohol. Try Activia yogurt: it tastes great and each spoonful will help you get on  the road to recovery.

Take your vitamins!

B-vitamins will help metabolize the alcohol and restore energy levels (a high dosage is necessary for this remedy to work; try 50-75 mg). Better yet, take them before you go to bed and let them work their magic while you sleep. If you are a frequent partier, make it a habit to take your Vitamin B supplement every morning.

You got this! Hangover recovery is a few steps away!

Kirtana is a 4th year student at SFU pursuing an honours degree in Communication and a minor in Business. She is interested in corporate brand strategy and the data-driven research behind marketing. Outside of school and work, she is an adrenaline and nature junkie. Her favourite travel experience so far has been bungee jumping in Whistler, B.C! Reach out to her via LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kirtanamenonn/