Who Should You Kiss On New Years Eve Consider Your Friends?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Who Should You Kiss On New Years Eve Consider Your Friends?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Canva

Why Get Involved on Campus?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFA chapter.

It is only my second semester of college, but I could not even imagine what my life would look like without my extracurriculars. I am currently the Public Relations Chair for my sorority Delta Zeta, the PR chair for my campus’ National Broadcast Society, and a writer/Instagram Director for HC SFASU. So, you would say I like to keep busy and always be on the move. Joining Greek life, a club or anything in between can be so rewarding in college. Here is a list of reasons why I think being involved on campus will help you in the long run.

1. helps you network

Being involved in clubs could potentially help you land a job in the future because a lot of organizations are very close with their alumni. Talking with the alumni can help you not only make friends with people that were once in your shoes, but also they can help you figure out how to land a job.

2. to make friends

Let me tell you the only reason I joined my organizations was because of this very reason. I went into college knowing no one. I can gladly say that because of getting involved, I have tons of people I know I can count on. I am also a person that struggles to make friendships; being in these organizations forced me to put myself out there and try to connect with people.

3. to keep yourself busy

If you are anything like me then you know what FOMO is; if not, it stands for “fear of missing out” and it is a horrible thing. If I have tons of down time, I start wishing I was out with friends and not alone in my room. Somehow in these very moments I start seeing what seems like literally the whole school out with friends. I absolutely hate this feeling, so I found the only cure for me is sleeping it off or being super involved on campus.

Whether you want to get really involved on campus or just find a club towards your major, I know for sure your college definitely has something for you. In the theme of back to school, this semester, try to put yourself out there more.

Trust me, it will be so beneficial in the long run.

Hannah is a Mass Communications major with a concentration of Broadcast Journalism. She is a Libra Sun, Pisces Moon, Aquarius Rising. She is a lover of plants, crystals, astrology and anything crafty.