This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFA chapter.

It’s that time of the semester where everyone is stressing over finals and doing everything in their power to make sure they pass. So I am here to reassure you and give you some tips that can help you relax. Stressing over a test can sometimes really screw with your mind and make you overthink everything. Just a friendly reminder, whatever grade you get it doesn’t define you as a person. So here are some small tips that will help you feel more relaxed when it comes to testing. 

Make Sure You Get Enough Sleep

Lack of sleep will really impact your brain when it comes to your critical thinking and decision making. Everyone thinks cramming and staying up will help you, but it won’t. All that cramming and not getting a full night’s rest will actually hurt you even more because it makes your brain cells hard to communicate, which will not help you concentrate.

Eat a Full Breakfast

It has been proven that eating a healthy and hearty breakfast will help you get the energy you need to start your day. A healthy breakfast should contain all the basic food groups, like your protein, veggies or fruit and healthy fat. Make sure to also drink plenty of water as well, at least 8 cups a day. 

Don’t Overthink

Overthinking never does anyone any good. When you overthink, you tend to go against your gut feeling which is usually right. Just take a breath and relax and usually it will work out. 

Workout If You Feel Stress

If you are feeling the stress is getting to you just take between 30-60 minutes to just relieve all of your stress and that overwhelming feeling by working out. 

Taking finals can stress everyone out because they have this power to make or break you but even if they do that doesn’t mean you should let them define you. Finals are only meant to help test what you have been taught and they don’t say everything about you. 

Hello Everyone! My name is Laura Restrepo and I go to SFA. I plan to major in psychology so I can use my degree to help others and make this world a better place. I am a writer for Her Campus. I love to read anything and everything whether its books, magazines, blogs, fan-fiction, journals, etc. I enjoy all types of music; I am open to anything. I am also a huge nerd for Star Wars, Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings/Hobbit series. In conclusion, the perfect day for me consists of these things with coffee and cold weather.
Hello, my name is Sa Maria Boyd. I am a Louisiana native raised in the beautiful city of Fort Worth, Texas. I am a really fun person ( at least I'd like to think). I graduated high school in 2015 from the wonderful Western Hills High School. In my four years there, I was apart of the Color Guard, Key Club, Senior Board, My goal is to travel the world and learn about different cultures so that I can help the world become more unified. I am currently attending Stephen F. Austin State University where I will be receiving my Bachelors of Arts in Mass Communications with a minor in Psychology in May of 2019. While I have been in school, I have held the positions of Social Media Director/Vice President for Her Campus SFA, and Vice President for the 6812 Chapter of the NAACP. I have also worked on the Crew, the television production organization for the Mass Communications department, KSAU 90.1--The Axe, and all three shows for SFA TV2.