Don’t Take ‘Looking Like a Whole Snack’ Literally

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFA chapter.

Ladies, let’s take a minute to talk about our lady bits. Nothing gross, pinky promise. Around campus I’ve been hearing about women who want to make things sexy in the bedroom. Most of us have been there. We want to be twice as attractive as we already are and give bae something “sweet” along with the gift that is our goddess-like bodies. But as much as setting the mood is necessary, there are some things that just aren’t.

Photo by SaMaria Boyd

When it comes to pampering “downstairs”, you don’t need anything too extra. Soap that won’t upset your body’s natural Ph balance and warm water is all you need. Applying body oils down there is not one of those things no matter how great the oil itself might smell.

But my main discussion is about taking the idea of being bae’s snack, and going too far with it.

When in the act of coitus, nothing needs to be shoved up your vag. NOTHING. That means no snicker bars, no jolly ranchers, no marshmallows, and for the love of all things good, no mozzarella sticks or hot sauce. I’m serious. I’m sure you’re thinking that nobody really does those things, but they do in hopes up spicing up the evening and it totally backfires.

Doing these things cause issues for not just you, but for your partner. The sugar in many of those products can lead to itching, which we all know is a symptom of infections. And, as for hot sauce, I doubt you want to itch let alone burn from literally the inside out. Candies and other food products don’t belong in your lady bits, they’re meant to be enjoyed, but only in so many ways!

I'm a senior at Stephen F. Austin State University, currently majoring in Multidisciplinary Studies with the drive to one day become a novelist and a nurse.