Being a Senior in a Freshman Class.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFA chapter.

When I found out that I had to finish the rest of my basic courses to graduate this spring, I wasn’t mad, I just accepted the fact that I would have to be part of a class filled with first year students as a senior. One of those basic courses I needed to take ended up being algebra, my least favorite subject. 

When I walked into my algebra class on the first day, I thought it was a weird thing to be in a class filled with freshmen. The only reason it felt weird was because those first-year students seemed almost excited at the prospect of starting their first college algebra class. We all played an ice-breaker (something I’ve grown tired of throughout my years here at SFA if I’m being honest) and I learned there were first years who were undecided, some who know what they’re going to do, and others who might switch things up in the next year or two. 

As time has passed, and classes have officially started, I have never been so grateful to relate to underclassmen so much. A good chunk of us were NOT good at math, and as someone who sadly identifies with that group, it was a blessing that one of the girls at my table knew what she was doing and helped. It’s because of her that I’m able to complete my homework most nights. Bless these underclassmen.  

I guess you could say it’s been an eye opening two weeks so far, and my algebra class isn’t as terrible as I thought it was going to be. 

Bri Bell was a writer for SFASU Her Campus. She graduated with a Bachelor's in Art cica 2019! She is an artistic woman with a passion for FIlm/Cinematogrpahy, as well as writing. Bri Bell tends to write about things she is passionate about whether that be about music, literature, politics, or even random anime recommendations. She is fairly easy going about what she writes, and attempts to stray away from any topics that could have any/all triggers.
Brianna is a Psychology major with a minor in Human Development and Family Studies here at SFA. She is passionate about people and that's how she landed a spot as CC for Her Campus' chapter at SFA! She enjoys hanging out with her cats, getting tattoos, and doing research. Her passion is to help the LGBTQ+ community by focusing on LGBTQ+ health and therapy in the future.