This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFA chapter.

We always say that this year is going to be our glow up year, but then we constantly push it off. But not this year, 2019 is the year we pull ourselves together and become who we want to be. Most people believe a glow up is something that only deals with your physical appearance but that isn’t true. Your mindset, academic career, and even your friends are things that can also glow up. So here are some ways you can glow up this year.

Photo Courtesy of W5 Coaching

1. GYM TIME-

We always say that we are going to go to the gym and get fit but constantly find excuses why this year we never made it. However, this year we are not going to push it away anymore, just get up and go, even if it’s for 30 minutes. Remember every minute counts and don’t expect to get immediate results.

2. REPLACE JUK FOOD WITH HEALTHY FOOD-

I get that we all have our cravings, including myself – I can never say no to anything chocolate. We just need to remember when it comes to junk food, portion sizes matter. So indulge within reason or switch it to something healthy. For every junk food craving, there’s a healthy option that will help satisfy it. 

3. HYDRATE, HYDRATE AND OF COURSE HYDRATE-

I understand that just like food, we sometimes crave other drinks such as coffee. I feel you. Sadly, most of those drinks we crave don’t have any benefits unless it’s those overpriced kale drinks, but we can’t all afford that. Drink the next best thing: WATER. Water helps in so many aspects whether is getting toned, quenching thirst or getting that face glow.

4. CLEAN FACE EQUALS HAPPINESS-

Many of us want that natural “Instagram” face that we constantly see, including myself, and it is possible, but it takes time and a little effort. For me, I used to have so much acne and scars (which there is nothing wrong with), but I never felt confident, so I invested time and a little money to help with that. I made sure to find what products worked best for me and found a routine. As well as changing my diet and seeing what foods made my face worse. 

5. LEAVE THAT NEGATIVITY BEHIND-

When it comes to glowing up, none of these things will work if you have a negative mind. Those foolish thoughts need to be put away in order for you to get that glow up. Plus, when you think more positively it will help in every aspect of your life. Not only will you see a result mentally but physically as well. Our mind is a powerful thing, you would be surprised by the things it can do, whether it’s good or bad. Just never let it control you. Remember mental health matters

6. GET SHIT DONE-

This goes for school or anything basically, whatever it is, GET IT DONE. Holding things off until the last minute never does anyone any good, especially when it comes to school. The best way to help with this is simple, create a schedule and keep to it. If you don’t then it’s pointless. So, GET SHIT DONE.

7. CUT THOSE PEOPLE OUT-

We all have people in our lives that are just terrible and bad for us in every which way, so this year we need to cut them out. It may be hard, but we need to for the sake of our mental health. Cut out those people who will drag you down, who are negative, who are willing to hurt you or leave you. Anybody who treats you less than you deserve: it’s time to cut them out, honey. Also, make sure you are not the negative person as well and find ways on how you can be a better person.

Hello Everyone! My name is Laura Restrepo and I go to SFA. I plan to major in psychology so I can use my degree to help others and make this world a better place. I am a writer for Her Campus. I love to read anything and everything whether its books, magazines, blogs, fan-fiction, journals, etc. I enjoy all types of music; I am open to anything. I am also a huge nerd for Star Wars, Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings/Hobbit series. In conclusion, the perfect day for me consists of these things with coffee and cold weather.
Hello, my name is Sa Maria Boyd. I am a Louisiana native raised in the beautiful city of Fort Worth, Texas. I am a really fun person ( at least I'd like to think). I graduated high school in 2015 from the wonderful Western Hills High School. In my four years there, I was apart of the Color Guard, Key Club, Senior Board, My goal is to travel the world and learn about different cultures so that I can help the world become more unified. I am currently attending Stephen F. Austin State University where I will be receiving my Bachelors of Arts in Mass Communications with a minor in Psychology in May of 2019. While I have been in school, I have held the positions of Social Media Director/Vice President for Her Campus SFA, and Vice President for the 6812 Chapter of the NAACP. I have also worked on the Crew, the television production organization for the Mass Communications department, KSAU 90.1--The Axe, and all three shows for SFA TV2.