etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sewanee chapter.

Happy Hump Day from your humble Links We Love writer! I hope everyone is getting over the Sewanee Plague and feeling fantastic. This week on Links We Love is a high-quality photography blog, some Super Bowl (or Superb Owl, if you prefer) insight from Aziz Ansari, an interesting photo compilation including old Finnish people, and more! Feel free to comment and give advice for what you’d like to see for next week, and enjoy.

Learn Art History Through 10 Stunning Pairs Of High Fashion Heels via Buzzfeed

Nick Adelman, a designer, has perfectly embodied the eras of art history and cultures through something any fashionista can love… SHOES! These designs are impeccable and communicate the essence of each of these eras perfectly. If you click, you will want them, I swear. (The Celtic Art style is my favorite.)

Gruntle.me

If you are disgruntled, click on this link to become instantly re-gruntled. Just trust me.

Anything Worth Seeing

This enchanting photo blog is run by photographer Eric Gustafson. His website features photos everyone can love, as they are extremely high quality and cover a wide variety of subjects. I guarantee you will find at least one of his photos that you adore. Maybe set it as your phone’s background or make it your cover photo on Facebook! (Just remember to give credit where credit is due ;D )

Disney Princesses Redesigned With Historically Accurate Outfits via The Meta Picture

So I know using a Disney Princess-related article is kind of gauche, but this photo compilation by artist Claire Hummel is one you can’t miss. Each princess (sadly excluding everyone’s new favorite, Queen Elsa) is decked out in absolutely beautiful garb that is periodically accurate, not to mention true to the princess herself. Take a second and scroll through this talented artist’s interpretation of the princesses we all grew up with, and the ones who came into our lives a bit later.

A List of Books

Have you been looking for a good book to read in your miniscule amount of spare time? Look no further! This website has compiled 13 “Top 100” book lists to make choosing easier. So if you’re looking for a classic like Ulysses by James Joyce (#4 on the front page list) or something a little more recent like The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams (#4 on The Big Read by BBC list), you’ll be able to find reviews and suggestions on this site. Happy reading!

Old Finnish People With Things On Their Heads via laravisual.com

This photo compilation by photographers Karoline Hjorth and Riitta Ikonen is endearing and nonsensical all at once. Click here to see adorable elderly Finnish people with things on their heads! Also, click around on Lara Sanchez’s blog for more cool stuff.

*But awesome.

Aziz Ansari’s Imaginary “Friday Night Lights” Super Bowl Was Better Than The Actual Super Bowl via Buzzfeed

Let’s face it, you probably fall into one, if not both, of two categories: 

1. You love Aziz Ansari.

2. You love (and miss) Friday Night Lights.

This Buzzfeed article for a recap of the Twitter gold that was gifted by Aziz as he compared everything happening in the Super Bowl to Friday Night Lights. It’s incredibly funny and, well, exactly what you’d expect.

I hope you’ve enjoyed my picks for the week. Remember to comment on this post what you’d like to see more of, and if I can add anything new to the setup! Look forward to next week’s Valentine’s edition of Links We Love! Thanks for reading and, as always, check back next Wednesday for more!

Madison is a sophomore from Chattanooga, Tennessee. She enjoys Christmas in July, things that sparkle, gender equality and LGBT activism, meditating, video games, and sushi. She is majoring in both English and Anthropology and hopes to become a journalist or researcher in Linguistic Anthropology.