How to Get Ready for Spring Break!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sewanee chapter.

Spring break is less than a month away! Start planning your ten day break from classes and how to get the most out of it: what to pack, prep for hair, nails, and of course, your perfect beach bod!

Necessities (for any location):

• cool shades
  • classic floppy hat
  • tote bag
  • sandals
  • basic bikini
  • patterned bikini(s)
  • t-shirts, shorts, rompers, dresses, anything comfortable and cute!

Prep

Hair: (recommended 3-4 weeks before)

• Use a defrizzing treatment (Bumble and bumble defrizz & Not Your Mother’s smooth moves are both great).
  • Also if your spring break includes salt water, use a deep conditioner with argon oil (Renewing Argon Oil of Morocco Intense Moisturizing Treatment is a good one).

Skin: (recommended 2-3 week before)

• Moisturize daily with a vitamin E lotion to prevent sun damage (Jergens Vitamin E moisturizer), and get a light base tan to prevent sunburn. 

Nails: (recommended 1-2 weeks before)

• Get a mani and pedi to last the whole break with no worries of chipped nail polish and make you feel like a queen (also for cute feet in the sand pics if your break includes sand).

Body: (recommended 1-2 weeks before)

• Wax, wax, and more wax..for no worries about intense shaving while on break! And don’t forget to use an after-wax lotion to get rid of any redness (Adam & Eve After Wax lotion is great and also comes in a variety of scents including Lavender & Tea Tree).

Perfect Beach Bod (even if you’re not actually going to the beach)

• Renegade Row: Place hands (holding weights) shoulder length apart in a push-up position and lift the weight, first one hand and then the other. Repeat 10 times with each hand.
  • Single Leg Raise: Lay on your side and lift leg up repeatedly. Switch sides and lift the other leg. Do 20-30 reps each.
  • Lunges: Place your hands on your hips, step forward and lower your back knee. Repeat 12 times with each leg.
  • Reverse Crunches: Lay on your back with your knees pulled to your chest. Pull knees up to your chin pulling your but off the ground. Repeat 40-50 times.
  • Intense ab workout:

Have an awesome spring break!