Here are Some Self Love Jams for your Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sewanee chapter.

Sometimes life, school, or other people will try to get you down. We have all been there and it sucks. Listening to sad songs doesn’t help either. If you want some songs with a self empowering vibe, this is the article for you! So here are some jams to get some self love into your life.

1. First, my all time favorite self-love anthem, i by Kendrick Lamar 

This whole song is great, but my favorite lyric is:

“Everybody lack confidence, everybody lack confidence. How many times my potential was anonymous? How many times the city making me promises? So I promise this I love myself.”

2.      Love Yourself by Mary J. Blige and ft. Kanye West

I love the chorus on this song:

“You gotta feed yourself before you feed somebody else. You gotta stay open, and don’t be foolish. ‘Cause everybody don’t mean you well. You gotta love yourself.”

3. Praying by Ke$ha

This song has such powerful themes of self acceptance and self empowerment, especially in verse 2:

“I’m proud of who I am. No more monsters, I can breathe again. And you said that I was done, well you were wrong and now the best is yet to come. ‘Cause I can make it on my own and I don’t need you, I found a strength I’ve never known.”

4. Glorious by Macklemore

This is a song with high energy that gets you pumped about yourself, especially with lyrics like this:

“I made it through the darkest part of the night and now I see the sunrise. Now I feel glorious, glorious.”

5. Devastated by Joey Bada$$

This song is a great reminder that you can get through rough times and feel better after, it just takes time and patience. So don’t let it get you down too much. The chorus echos this sentiment:

“I used to feel so devastated at times, I thought we’d never make it. But now we on our way to greatness (greatness, greatness). And all that ever took was patience.”