20 Parks and Rec GIFs that Perfectly Describe Studying for Comps

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sewanee chapter.

Thank goodness for Netflix! I’m in the thick of a time-honored Sewanee tradition—i.e. studying for comps—and as you can imagine, I am crazy stressed! It’s not easy trying to condense four years worth of learning into information you can actually remember for a test. Thankfully, NBC’s Parks and Recreation has been there to cheer me up. I don’t know what it is about Parks and Rec, but I watch it whenever I feel overwhelmed, and it makes everything feel so much more manageable. It’s just so darn relatable, you know? In fact, as I’ve been rewatching the series, I’ve started to realize that a lot of what happens on the show is weirdly similar to my experience studying for comps. For example… 

1. Starting is definitely the hardest part. You’ve learned so much over the past four years, and it can be difficult to know where to begin.
  2. Sometimes, it just seems easier to drop out of school.
  3. But you remind yourself that you can’t get discouraged!
  4. …Or consume massive amounts of alcohol to dull the pain.
  5. Instead, you prepare yourself to work hard.
  6. …Even though you know it’s going to be a lot of work.
  7. So you begin studying, and for awhile, everything goes great!
  8. …Until you hit a wall and decide to procrastine for a couple of days.
  9. Then you realize that you need to get your butt in gear! The comp draws ever nearer!
  10. So, you go back to frantically studying, forgoing eating and even sleep.
  11. You put all of your effort and energy into studying because you want to do well.
  12. You’re totally overwhelmed, but your friends are amazing, and they support you with everything in them.
  13. “And hey,” you tell yourself, “if I don’t know the answer, I can always B.S. it!”
  14. Time for a study break!
  15. And now it’s the night before the test, and you’re trying not to freak out.
  16. What if you don’t know anything on the test?
  17. Then you take a deep breath and remember that everyone else in your major is in the same boat.
  18. And graduation is so close that you can taste it!
  19. “I can do this,” you tell yourself. “I’m ready.”
  20. And then you close your eyes, and dream of how hard you’re going to party when your comp is done.
Emily Daniel loves writing, which is a good thing because as an English major, she does a lot of it. She also loves Disney movies, musicals, Spider-Man, chai lattes, and writing about herself in the third person.