Seton Hall Campus Cutie: Michelle Loretta

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seton Hall chapter.

Michelle Loretta is a freshman cheerleader for Seton Hall. She is truly a “fitspiration.”

Read about how she maintains a healthy lifestyle while juggling all the other things in her life.

Her Campus (HC): Year, Major, Hometown?

Michelle Loretta (ML): Freshman, nursing, Manalapan NJ

HC: Favorite quote?

ML: Live each day to the fullest

HC: Favorite restaurant?

ML: Gino’s Italian restaurant in Brooklyn

HC: What is your favorite sports clothing line?

ML: Adidas and Nike

HC: As a student athlete with a very demanding major, how do you manage your time?

ML: Most people set time aside each day for a nap or to watch Netflix but I don’t, I set time for the gym. I have all my assignments planned out for what I need to each day. By doing this I never fall behind and I never lose time to work out or fall behind with my schoolwork.

HC: How did you get started in Body Building and competitions?

ML: I started last year. I always worked out with my brothers and ate healthy. I had a love for fitness and I really wanted to take it to the next step and challenge myself. I trained from March to June for my first competition. I would go to the gym at 5am before school every day. I ended up placing 3rd in the competition, which is pretty impressive for my first competition.

HC: What was your favorite moment from this year’s basketball season?

ML: Winning the Villanova game

HC: How do you feel being a woman in a male dominated field?

ML: I don’t mind it, but people get the wrong idea. They think muscles are manly or if you lift heavy you’re going to look like a man, but that’s completely wrong. I just hate the stereotype that comes with it.

HC: What do you look for in a guy?

ML: Someone with ambition, respect for themselves and others. Someone who’s family oriented and funny. They have to care about their schoolwork. I would definitely need someone that can challenge me and keep me motivated.  He has to keep up with me but, push me to be better at the same time.

HC: What are 3 things you always have on you?

ML: Phone, gallon of water and my Beats

HC: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

ML: Being an RN, hopefully have started a family and continuing to go on with my fitness and body building. Possibly going back to school to specialize in nursing. I would love to be living in downtown Brooklyn and be working at the Hospital for special surgery.

HC: Do you have any advice for incoming freshman?

ML: Manage your time. If you can manage your time, you can get anything accomplished.

HC: Have you ever had any embarrassing thing happen while you were cheering at a game?

ML: I was going to tumble, I tumble very fast, so as I was going backwards and I saw a girl behind me, you’re not supposed to stop, and fell on my hand.

"If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change. As man changes his own nature, so does the attitude of the world change toward him. We need not wait to see what others do." -Mahatma Gandhi. I live for vanilla lattes and chocolate covered pretzels. If you don't like the color pink, chances are I don't like you. Future President... and if all else fails, future First Lady.
Rebecca Gramuglia is a senior Public Relations major with a minor in Graphic Design at Seton Hall University. As the Campus Correspondent for the Seton Hall Her Campus chapter, Rebecca enjoys writing all types of pieces from features to relatable blog posts. In addition to being the HC Campus Correspondent, she is involved with her sorority, Alpha Gamma Delta, and is the President of the Public Relations Student Society of America. When she's not glued to her MacBook, you can find Rebecca obsessing over clothes and watching Clueless.