Healthy Ways to Relieve Stress during Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seton Hall chapter.

1.  Drink lots of tea. (Green is best)

Tea can help regulate your metabolism and can also help you to feel relaxed and refreshed throughout the day, which is something that many people have a hard time doing during finals.

2.  Meditate for ten minutes every day.

Take ten minutes every day to reflect on all of the good aspects of your life. During finals, you may feel like a failure because of all the different tests and papers that are piling up, but take a few minutes to count all of your blessings.

3.  Make lists.

Making a list of everything that you have to do in the order you have to do it can help you get it off of your mind, which can make you take a deep breath.  When you see everything on paper, then start completing the tasks, you will start to feel better about your work load.

4. Give your body a quick stretching when you wake up.

This can have the same effect as yoga and helps you to wake up feeling completely rejuvenated instead of groggy and achy.

5. Listen to calming music.

Yes, Eminem may get you pumped, but classical music, or easy-listening like Coldplay will get you more focused on the task at hand.

6. Get some sleep!

All-nighters will NOT help your stress or anxiety, take it from us.  Sleep will help you more than anything.

7.  BREATHE.

When you feel like you’ve had enough, close your eyes and breathe in through your nose and out of your mouth.  Take a second to refocus and keep marching.  You can do this!

Hey there party people! My name is Sam and I am a double major in Art History and Journalism. Odd mix? Well I am an odd person ;). I have many, many passions in life; some of which include sweet corn, Vincent van Gogh, sugar, my relationship (corny whatever), the stage, writing, squatting, party pants, and The Office. If you put something in front of me, I'll probably be passionate about it. Well, that's me! Yay! Wahoo! Yee haw!