Campus Cuties: Haley Zenna and Dakota Best

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seton Hall chapter.

Hometowns:

HZ (Haley Zenna): Roxbury, New Jersey

DB (Dakota Best): Garden Grove, California

Majors:

HZ: Public Relations and Graphic Design

DB: Marketing and Management

Campus Activities:

HZ: Vice President of Administration of Alpha Omicron Pi, Social Media Manager and Pirate Life writer of The Setonian, Seton Hall Athletics Marketing Intern, President of Hall Council, Resident Assistant of Cabrini Hall

DB: Secretary of Alpha Chi Rho, Employee of the Rec Center

Together since:  April 11, 2015

HC: How did you guys meet?

HZ: I met him through my sisters, he found interest in me and we technically met in a fraternity basement!

DB: I was out one night and met a group of her sorority sisters and I added them on Instagram and found Haley’s profile, I realized she was the only one I did not know and thought she was attractive and even saw her picture at Candylicious (the candy store she works at).  One night my friend Lukas and I met up with her and her sorority sisters, and I met her then. The next day, we went to breakfast.

HC (Her Campus): What do you guys have in common?

HZ: Both beautiful (laughs sarcastically). We are very sarcastic. I think another quality we have is we challenge each other.

DB:  We’re both funny and like the television show, Parks and Rec. I don’t know how to put it in words but there is a connection that’s more than just a friendship with her. 

HC: What are your favorite qualities about each other?

HZ: I like that he challenges me, even though he makes fun of me all the time. He is very sociable. I like him as a person and is nice to me. I mean, I’ll take it.

DB: Nothing, I don’t like her! (laughs) I am kidding! She is very outgoing and driven, whatever she wants she strives for and more often than not, she gets it. It’s nice to see I have someone who can challenge me, who can better me. She is more involved in school than I am and it is something I lack in. It is awesome to think she can help me with that. She is funny, beautiful, forward and says what is on her mind.  She doesn’t sugarcoat things.

HC: What was your first date experience like?

HZ: Our first official date was at the Trat.  My friend Laura helped me get ready. It was good and not awkward, which is ideal. I got some penne vodka too. It was real good. Before that, we just went to The Caf.

DB: It went well and was nice. It was personal and we could talk to each other instead of the typical going to the movies. We got the opportunity to see if the vibe was good and if we liked each other.

HC: What is something people do not know about you guys?

HZ: That we’re dating. A lot of people think we’re friends— we act like more of friends than a couple.

DB: It was very interesting. We got through an entire semester in the same class without a professor knowing. We did not sit near each other, but he even partnered us up together at one point!

HC: If you guys had to make a bucket list together, what would be your #1 on it?

HZ: Go to California to visit him over the summer.

DB: To travel and go anywhere with her. I want to see how we adapt to new environment.

HC: Any advice for other couples that go to school together?

HZ: Trust each other. Communication is the key.

DB: Make time for each other. More often we’re all busy, but even if it’s a quick coffee date just make the effort to see each other during the day or weeks. 

Amanda Boyer

Seton Hall

Amanda Boyer is a senior public relations major at Seton Hall University. She is the Social media manager of the official school newspaper, the Setonian, as well as is a contributor to CupidsPulse.com and TheTaiLife.com which will be launching in Mid-April. Also in her junior and senior year she is the reporter for her sorority Alpha Omicron Pi’s international magazine, The To Dragma. When Amanda is not writing, she enjoys binge watching One Tree Hill and Gilmore Girls and probably can recite every word. This country music lover would never be caught dead without her camera and her iced passion tea in her hands. Amanda aspires to work in corporate communications after graduation in December 2015.
Rebecca Gramuglia is a senior Public Relations major with a minor in Graphic Design at Seton Hall University. As the Campus Correspondent for the Seton Hall Her Campus chapter, Rebecca enjoys writing all types of pieces from features to relatable blog posts. In addition to being the HC Campus Correspondent, she is involved with her sorority, Alpha Gamma Delta, and is the President of the Public Relations Student Society of America. When she's not glued to her MacBook, you can find Rebecca obsessing over clothes and watching Clueless.