Campus Celeb: Gabby Davis

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seton Hall chapter.

Gabby’s giving us the 4-1-1 on being the new Campus Correspondent and some advice for our newest friends on campus, the freshmen!

Year: Sophomore

Major: PR and Spanish

Hometown: Syracuse, NY

Last semester you met our two Campus Correspondents who revitalized the Her Campus community at Seton Hall, and while Rachel is studying abroad (we miss you!), Gabby has joined the team and we cannot wait for you to meet her!

After launching in March, we were so excited to have a fabulous team behind us and Gabby stepped up to the Her Campus plate immediately. 

“It is basically what I’d like to do with the rest of my life.  I’ve always loved writing and think it’s great that college women have such a great resource to be a part of, or just to read!”

With Her Campus articles becoming “must reads” at Seton Hall, Gabby saw the position opening for a new Campus Correspondent and knew she had to act on it.  When asked about what it means to be a Campus Correspondent, Gabby beamed with joy.

“It means so much! I was beyond excited to have this experience for professional purposes as well as fun ones. To be able to say that I am one of the reasons why Her Campus is what it is, makes me so proud of what my team can do!”

As students begin to adjust to school being back in session again, we wanted to know what Gabby is looking forward to doing with Her Campus this year.

“Definitely giving it a bigger presence on campus. I would love to dig into some deeper content. I really want to make Her Campus thought provoking, and for people to be talking about more than just tips on how to get a flat tummy (not that that isn’t great too!).

Since Gabby is a sophomore, we wanted her to share some fun facts with us as well as some cool insight about Seton Hall for the new freshmen!

HC (Her Campus): The Cove or the Caf?

GD (Gabby Davis): The Caf—“ain’t nobody got time for dat.”

HC: What is your favorite part about Seton Hall?

GD: “I think the fact that there is such a community here. I love that I can walk into The Caf, The Lib or just around campus and see a ton of people I know. It’s comforting to me, I guess, because I’m pretty far from home.”

HC: Who is your ultimate celebrity crush who you wish was your professor?

GD: John Mayer. I’m actually obsessed.

And speaking of John Mayer…

HC: What’s your secret talent?

GD: Well I used to sing, and I can play guitar and piano, but no one really knows, so I guess that makes it a secret!

HC: What is your go-to jamming out, windows down in the car, kind of song?

GD: “Since U Been Gone” by Kelly Clarkson

Lastly, we wanted to hear what advice Gabby had for the new freshmen class.

“As cliché as it sounds, just be you. Everyone is so worried about trying to fit in and being cool and not being a freshman, but the truth is, freshmen year is honestly the best. Classes usually aren’t that hard, you can go out basically every night unlike us old people, and you have four more years ahead of you before you have any real responsibility. So, make the most of it! Enjoy every moment, have no regrets and don’t give a f*** about what anyone else thinks.”

Rebecca Gramuglia is a senior Public Relations major with a minor in Graphic Design at Seton Hall University. As the Campus Correspondent for the Seton Hall Her Campus chapter, Rebecca enjoys writing all types of pieces from features to relatable blog posts. In addition to being the HC Campus Correspondent, she is involved with her sorority, Alpha Gamma Delta, and is the President of the Public Relations Student Society of America. When she's not glued to her MacBook, you can find Rebecca obsessing over clothes and watching Clueless.