Emma Foster

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seattle U chapter.

Emma Foster

Major: Double Major in English and Women & Gender Studies

Hometown: Helena, Montana

Graduation Year: 2017

Birthday/Zodiac: November 11/Scorpio

Campus Involvement: I am on the swim team for Seattle University, where I swim the distance events (the mile, 1000, and 500). I am also on the Student Athlete Advisory Committee, and the Women & Gender Studies Rep for the College of Arts and Sciences Student Executive Council.

Finish this sentence: I don’t trust people who…

don’t like cats. Because seriously. They’re awesome.

What’s a favorite childhood story about yourself?

When I was little, I really loved ladybugs and decided that I wanted to be a “ladybug doctor.” I lived in Ohio at the time, and I just remember there being hundreds of ladybugs around all the time. I had a little tin and I would decide to “cure” the ladybugs I deemed sick, and put them in the tin. The poor things died of course. Luckily, I left all medical aspirations behind soon after.

What do you want to be when you grow up?

I’m pretty skeptical that I’ll ever be a grown up, but I do know that my ultimate goal is to be happy in whatever I am doing, and feel like I am involved in movements of activism.

What is a quote that you live by?

“In the end, we’ll all become stories” -Margaret Atwood

I'm Skyler. I go to Seattle University in hopes of earning a degree in Creative Writing. I love to discuss and write about LGBTQ politics, fashion, and I spend way too much time scrolling through Tumblr.