Ever heard of Love Your Melon? It’s been circling my Facebook feed for the past couple of months, and I am so excited to announce that it has made its way to Seattle University’s campus! LYM is an apparel brand run by college students across the country on a mission to give a hat to every child battling cancer in America. I got the opportunity to sit down with some of the LYM SU crew members, and learned about the great things this organization is doing. Here are five reasons why YOU should support SU LYM!
1. First and foremost, support SU LYM to keep your melon warm! LYM began selling beanies, offering to match each beanie with one for a child battling cancer. As LYM has expanded, they now sell cuffed beanies, caps, scarves, mugs, and t-shirts as well! But of course, the beanie is the star of the show. Everyone needs one of these on their melons, especially in the Seattle weather!
2. It’s not your average beanie – this beanie supports cancer research and children battling cancer. Not many people can say that their hat does that! LYM is very upfront about their proceeds; only 50% of the proceeds go to the company for profit, while the remaining 50% goes to cancer research and cancer support services (such as Pinky Swear Foundation and Cure Search for Children’s Cancer).
3. The company is doing amazing things, and they deserve the support. From visiting children in hospitals dressed in superhero costumes to raising awareness for childhood cancer, the people at LYM are making the world a better place and putting a smile on the face of a child battling cancer.
4. It was started by college students and is run mainly by college students just like you. What better way to get involved in your community than with a lot of other passionate college students around you? It will do wonders for your resumé, too. Employers will be able to see your dedication to justice and service!
5. It’s now right here, at Seattle University! A great, new on-campus community full of friendly, passionate faces. If you’re looking to get involved on campus, this is the perfect place to start.
The SU LYM Crew
If you want to hear more about Love Your Melon at Seattle U, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Natalie Lucey at email@example.com. In addition, make sure to follow them on Instagram (@SeattleuLYMcrew), Facebook (Seattle University Love Your Melon Crew), and Twitter (@SeattleULYMCrew)!