tyler nix Pw5uvsFcGF4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
tyler nix Pw5uvsFcGF4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

9 Things I Hear My Roommates Say Everyday

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SDSU chapter.

After living with the same people for a while, you start to pick up on the common things that occur within your household. Here are 9 points that have become everyday topics among my roommates and I.

1. “It’s your turn to take out the trash.” Living in an apartment means having to carry the trash downstairs to throw it in the dumpster, and let’s be real, no one really wants to carry a 10 pound garbage bag down 4 flights of stairs. 

2. “Can you pick me up from class?” The mile walk to and from campus really isn’t that bad–unless it’s over 90 degrees or nighttime. If neither of those are the case, you’ll probably find yourself walking. 

3. “Can you tell the people upstairs to shut up? It’s midnight on a Wednesday.” If you have the priviledge of living on the top floor of an apartment building, I envy you. My roommates and I have trouble deciding if the people living above us are playing an endless round of Dance Dance Revolution or tackle football. 

4. “I accidentally had some of your almond milk.” If there isn’t a label on it, we see it as an open invitation to take some. 

5. “You ate my chips?!” Again, if the bag is open, it’s fair game.

6. “Do your f***ing dishes!” We all have that roommate that takes two days to do her dishes (I’m looking at you, Jessica). 

7. “Can I have a banana?” If I bought it, it’s mine. 

8. “Who spilt on the floor?” It’s never fun walking across your apartment and wondering what you just stepped on.

9. “Who forgot to refill the Brita!?” It becomes a very emotional morning when I open the fridge and find an empty Brita. 

Welcome to Her Campus SDSU!
I am currently a sophomore at San Diego State majoring in Journalism with an emphasis in Public Relations. I have four years of experience as a writer and editor for my high school newspaper and am now one of the CC's for Her Campus SDSU. Taco Tuesday is my favorite day of the week, and yes, I am related to Abraham Lincoln.