What Self-Care Activity You Should Do This Week, Based on Your Zodiac Sign

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCU chapter.

Zodiac signs are one of the best and most exciting ways to get in tune with yourself and your needs. They make talking about how we feel easier and they can offer us little bits of guidance within our busy worlds. They also help us understand ourselves and the people around us in a different light. The sun is the most pivotal piece of your zodiac chart since it highlights what motivates you at the core of your person. So, find your sun sign and dive into this list to figure out what self-care activity would suit you best this week!

Aries (March 21 – April 19): Meditate

This month, you tend to push yourself to your limits and are often left emotionally drained. You enjoy life, projects and learning new things, but sometimes you try to move through life too quickly. Maybe you’ve been focused on the idea of reinventing yourself lately. This week, take some time to reflect back and slow down. Let your emotions catch up to you before you try to take on too much. If you don’t know where to start, try some free apps like Headspace or Calm.

Taurus (April 20 – May 20): Unplug

You are ambitious and motivated when it comes to the things that you’re passionate about. Your talents are innately creative and you sharpen them to near perfection. This month, you’re surrounded by exciting opportunities to expand your social circle and professional life! As you enter into this period, don’t forget about your spiritual needs. Finding quiet moments to slip into without distraction is important to keep your morale high. Take some time this week to go outside without your phone and let yourself enjoy the world around you. 

Gemini (May 21 – June 20): Create Something

After the New Moon on March 13th, you are in a position that allows you to focus on your natural leadership abilities. As Mars makes its transit through your sign, you are filled with an energy focused on being innovative and new. You are ready to push yourself, but don’t push too hard. Sometimes, creating something new can be the best way to clear your head. Whether it be writing, painting, baking or knitting, put your creative side to use this week.  

Cancer (June 21 – July 22): Read

There’s a large focus on resting in your chart this month. There’s also inclinations of a new sense of motivation awaiting you. You have a lot of big questions and you hold interest in topics that expand your perspective on life. Lately, you’ve been contemplative, considering each and every sacrifice that you’ve had to make to get to where you are now. This week, pick up a book and immerse yourself in the new world that you find. You crave fresh perspectives and one could be waiting for you on a bookshelf. 

Leo (July 23 – August 22): Make a Vision Board

This month, you crave involvement with other people. Your interests are impressive and sharing them can be a fulfilling experience for you. You’re also a dreamer and you seek the motivation to follow your wildest dreams. As the Sun and Venus enter your sign this month, you may find that it’s time to explore the deeper parts of yourself and how that connects with your current goals. Take some time this week to make your own vision board and ask yourself: is the environment that you are currently surrounded in working to fulfill your dreams?  

Virgo (August 23 – September 22): Journal

Mars sits at the top of your chart for most of this month, so your creativity surrounding your life plans is full of a newly awakened energy. Be ready to be patient, though. This sudden motivation for change is overall positive, but good things come to those who wait. Combined with the New Moon on March 13th, you are ready to bring new balance into your life. As you move through these new feelings, take some time this week to journal. You have no desire to be told what to do or how to think, so independent retrospection could be just the thing you need this week. 

Libra (September 23 – October 22): Do Some Yoga

The overall theme of this month within your chart is a call for a renewed sense of balance. Your strengths this month lie in starting new things, whether that be a skill, a job or a lifestyle change, you are ready for something new. Your inner strength and sense of purpose comes from finding ways to incorporate your emotional needs with your day-to-day life. You are the most balanced of the signs and as such, you may often find yourself in situations where you play the taxing role of mediator. Try out some yoga this week to connect your mindfulness to your physical self and further your sense of balance within your life. If you don’t know where to start, try out some free yoga classes on Youtube with instructors like Yoga with Adriene or Body Positive Yoga

Scorpio (October 23 – November 21): Write Down Some Affirmations

This month holds an emphasis on rediscovery. Mars has entered your chart so that transformation can wash away the unhealthy elements of your life that are often hidden deep down within your inner self. There is a positive energy surrounding your chart that signifies a sense of moving forward. You hold an intensity that other signs can’t quite understand and because of that, you may need to decide which of your desires are truly beneficial to you. This week, take some time to ground yourself and write down some affirmations that directly relate to your own needs. 

Sagittarius (November 22 – December 21): Spend Time with a Friend

March brings a deep sense of focus to your personal life. Venus’ presence within your chart improves the satisfaction that you take from spending time with the people that you care about and this can be a good time to confront any relationship problems that you may be facing. You are at your best when working with other people towards a common goal and the energy gained from that gives you an advantage in your current sense of motivation. This week, spend some time with one of your friends. Whether it be in person or over the phone, socializing with someone you care about may be exactly what you need. 

Capricorn (December 22 – January 19): Spa Day

You have entered a stage of your life where you find yourself more curious about the workings of the world around you. You’ve started to focus on mindfulness and are now ready to commit to more self-care within your lifestyle. This month is full of big ideas for you and sometimes that can make you seem a bit scatter-brained. The New Moon on March 13th motivates you to connect with the world in a way that allows you to communicate and learn in a purposeful way. Reconnect with your physical self this week by indulging in a spa day. 

Aquarius (January 20 – February 18): Take a Social Media Break

One of your largest themes of this month centers around self-empowerment. You may be feeling more passionate about expressing yourself lately which can result  in an overall good energy surrounding you this month. You may also be feeling the need to get a fresh start within some aspect of your life. This week, try taking a break from social media. It can be both empowering and satisfying to disconnect from the digital world for a little while, whether that means simply turning off your notifications or deleting the app all together. 

Pisces (February 19 – March 20): Have Authentic Fun

You are coming out of a time that may have felt blocked or ambiguous. Now, with the power of the New Moon on March 13th, you are ready to move farther into presenting a more authentic version of yourself to others. You have a tendency to dwell on the past, and by being your true self, you give yourself the opportunity to turn over a new leaf. This week, find something that you enjoy to do simply because you like to do it. Don’t try to live for anyone else in this moment, simply allow yourself to relish in the feeling of true enjoyment.

Holly is currently a junior at Santa Clara University studying English. She is passionate about trying new things and sharing contemporary issues through writing. You can usually find her reading a good book with her cat, Bean.
Meghana Reddy is the Campus Correspondent for the SCU chapter of Her Campus. Currently, she is a 4th year student pursuing a Major in Neuroscience and Minor in Computer Science. Meghana is passionate about women in entrepreneurship, consulting, healthcare, women's health, and dogs! In her free time, she loves to travel, try new foods, and practice yoga!