Elyssa’s Alfredo Pasta

Have a craving for a quick and easy pasta recipe? This is your basic alfredo pasta, with a few tweaks and techniques that I have used to make store bought sauce even better! 

Prep: 5 min

Total: 25 Minutes

Feeds: 2 (with leftovers!) 

What you’ll need: 

1 package of fettuccine or linguine (approximately 1lb) 

2 raw, boneless, skinless chicken breasts

1 jar of store-bought alfredo sauce

¼ cup white wine (Just a basic white wine, nothing too fancy because you will be cooking with it!) 

½ cup sliced mushrooms

Olive oil, to taste

Salt and pepper, to taste 

Parmesan cheese or chopped parsley to garnish

1. Boil pasta for approximately 10-12 minutes, or until al dente (read package of pasta for cooking recommendations). Drain and set aside.

2. While pasta is cooking, prep chicken breasts. Cut into cubes. 

3. On medium heat, cover the bottom of a saucepan with a thin layer of olive oil. Put half of the chicken cubes in to cook. Season with salt and pepper. 

4. Once the first round of chicken is just about done, (but not all the way!) remove and put in tin foil. Put the second round of chicken in, add a bit more olive oil, season with salt and pepper. 

5. Add mushrooms to the second round of chicken and let them cook with chicken. 

6. Once chicken is just about done, lower heat to low and add sauce into the pan. Add the first round of chicken to the sauce, and white wine.

7. Let simmer until you see bubbles and steam (that is how you know the alcohol is cooking out of the wine). The chicken will continue to cook as it simmers and this retains moisture in the chicken. 

8. Once you see bubbles and steam, let it simmer for 1 more minute. 

9. Put the pasta in a dish as the base and then sauce and chicken over it. Garnish as desired. If desired, butter some sourdough bread and cover with parmesan cheese then toast until golden brown. Enjoy! 

A bay area native currently pursuing her Bachelor's degree in communication. Along with writing, Elyssa loves to cook, bake, and practice self care on the daily. Her favorite topics to write about are recipes, relationships, time management, and self care. She also loves hanging out with her dog and rabbit. She hopes you enjoy her publications!