absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Blackberry Brie Bake: A Cellar Recipe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCU chapter.

Let’s face it. Sometimes the food in Benson can get pretty repetitive. You can only go to Sauté and get a rice bowl so many times a week. Luckily, the Cellar provides Broncos with infinite ingredients that can be mixed and matched to create Iron Chef worthy dishes. This Blackberry Brie Bake is a perfect appetizer for a night in with some friends and a movie. All you will need are these six ingredients (all of which can be found in the Cellar), an oven, and a baking dish.

Ingredients:

1 eight oz. wheel of brie

6 oz. of blueberries

6 oz. of blackberries

3 tbsp. coconut oil

1 tsp. rosemary, finely chopped

Optional: extra rosemary for garnish

Steps:

1. Preheat oven to 350˚.
  2. Place brie on baking dish.
  3. In a separate baking dish such as a pie dish, place washed berries. Add sugar, coconut oil, rosemary and gently mix everything to evenly coat berries.
  4. Place cheese and berries into the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
  5. Remove from oven and transfer cheese to serving dish. Cover brie with berry mixture. Optional: garnish with rosemary.
  6. Serve with crackers or apple slices.
  7. Enjoy!
Mara Strong is a freshman at Santa Clara University where she is studying English and Philosophy. She loves everything Hamilton and is proud to call herself a Ravenclaw.
Laurel Fisher is a senior at Santa Clara University. She is double majoring in math and French. She loves traveling, scrapbooking, and anything to do with France. In her free time, she loves taking photos of just about anything, watching Netflix, eating delicious food, going to the gym, and spending time with her friends.