This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCU chapter.

Beyoncé once said, “The most alluring thing a woman can have is confidence.” Confidence is  essential because it allows us to love ourselves and recognize our self-worth. Here are 10 tips to help you unleash your inner Queen B. 

Stay positive!

Practice waking up every day with a mindset and expectancy that good things will happen! Having a positive attitude will motivate you to be your best self throughout the day. Remember, in any situation, the good always outweighs the bad!

Surround yourself with people who positively impact you!

Those who tear down your self-esteem and discourage you from living at your full potential don’t deserve your time and energy. 

Set clear goals and plans!

Dream big! Have high aspirations for yourself and create a plan of action to make these goals achievable.

Embrace Failure!

Don’t be afraid to challenge yourself and conquer your fears. Remember that every mistake you make is a learning experience and is beneficial to personal growth.

Don’t be afraid to say “no.”

Every “no” is a “yes” to something better. Don’t feel pressured to do something that is going to cause exhaustion or stress. It is not your responsibility to please everyone and people can’t expect you to. Prioritize yourself!

Dress for Success!

Not only is dressing up super fun, but it also has a significant impact on your self-confidence. Practice smiling, looking people directly in the eyes and speaking in an eloquent manner. By presenting yourself confidently, you will feel like your best self when interacting with others.

Build other people up!

Instead of comparing yourself to and competing with others, seek to uplift and support the people around you.

Take care of yourself.

It is so crucial to practice self-care and participate in activities that support your mental, emotional and physical health. Dedicate time to do your skincare routine, practice some yoga and meditating or call family and friends — do anything that makes you happy and relaxed.

Remain true to yourself.

Everyone has their own unique set of opinions and quirks. Although the pressures we face are really difficult to navigate, don’t conform to the norm! Make sure you behave in ways that truly reflect your personal values.

Remember your value.

You are beautiful and intelligent — don’t let anyone tell you otherwise! Whether that means writing daily self-affirmations or having a solo dance party in your room to your favorite hype playlist, always remind yourself of your self-worth.

Katelyn Wong is a writer for Her Campus SCU. She is a first-year student majoring in Communication and minoring in Retail Studies. She is passionate about empowering women through writing and social media. In her free time, Katelyn loves hiking, going on picnics, and trying out new brunch places with friends!
Meghana Reddy is the Campus Correspondent for the SCU chapter of Her Campus. Currently, she is a 4th year student pursuing a Major in Neuroscience and Minor in Computer Science. Meghana is passionate about women in entrepreneurship, consulting, healthcare, women's health, and dogs! In her free time, she loves to travel, try new foods, and practice yoga!