Meet Amy K: Smiling Through the Stress

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCSU chapter.

Amy is the current Resident Advisor for Honors College Living Learning Community at SCSU! As a junior in the Honors College at Southern studying Communication Disorders and Spanish, Amy hopes to be a Speech and Language Pathologist.

Amy’s contagious smile has brightened several local community service projects. As a member of Zeta Delta Epsilon, an honors-service organization, she has volunteered at the Day of Service, Adopt-A-Family, and Best Buddies.

When she’s not studying, volunteering, or working, Amy enjoys reading, hiking, and skiing.  Balancing Honors College classes, working on-campus, and extra-curricular activities is tough, but Amy always manages to stay organized and stay positive.  Although Amy is one of the busiest people I know, she is always smiling through the stress!

“I love being a tour guide because I have learned so much about our university!” says Amy.

Photo/Cover: Jessica Holman

Jessica Holman is a junior in the Honors College at Southern Connecticut State University studying English and Women's Studies. Jessica works in the Violence Prevention, Victim Advocacy and Support Center at SCSU and is passionate about social justice. In her free time, she loves being outside, watching documentaries, and eating sushi.