At one point in an individual’s life, someone will be mean to them, and they will be mean to someone else in return. It’s a typical cycle, but it’s also an unnecessary one. Being nice is a lot easier than people might think, and there’s no reason why everyone shouldn’t try to be nice, or civil at least, everyday, to everyone. Yes, us as humans are allowed to become angry, sad, frustrated, and the whole lot in between. But that doesn’t suggest that individuals are allowed to talk at or down to others.
Life would be so much easier if everyone was nice, right? While this might be an unattainable expectation, you could help make this goal a bit more achievable. We shouldn’t have to be told reasons as to why being nice is easy and great, but a small reminder every now and then doesn’t hurt.
– “Be kind; everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle”:(Side Note: Personally, this is one of my favorite quotes.)While the author of this famous quote is still unknown, hats off to whomever it belongs to. People are often good at hiding their feelings. If someone is going through something serious, whether it be involving family, friends, self esteem, education etc., you might not know it. And as a result, by being mean, you have probably made their day/situation ten times worse. Always put yourself in the other person’s shoes; it’s pretty damn easy.
– If we’re continuing on the selfish note; People will like you more if you’re nice:Think for a second, when were you dying to be BFFs with the stuck up asshole or the bitch whose name everyone knows, but for the wrong reasons. Answer: NEVER. If you’re nice to others, chances are they will be nice, or decent, right back at you. If you’re constantly being mean by gossiping, calling people rude names, or making rude comments, you’ll start to notice that not many people will stick around. We tend to surround ourselves with people who make us feel good about ourselves, those that are sincere. Remember that.
– Think before you speak:This may not be a reason to be nice, but it is an easy way to monitor what you say to and around others. You’ll thank yourself in the long run, and so will everyone else who tries it.
– YOU can spread positive vibes:It’s definitely hard to be kind to those who give you the cold shoulder or treat you like crap; but, if you could swallow your pride for two seconds, you might be able to have a positive impact on that specific individual, which in turn could start a movement! (Slightly hopeful prospect, but you get it). By being nice to others, you allow them to see that there are genuinely kind people in the world, and they could be one of them. “If nothing else, be kind. Radiate positivity; this world could use it.”
– Less Wrinkles, and Permanent Proof of Happiness:If we need a reason to end resting bitch face, remember that when you frown, you increase the amount of wrinkles on your face. If you smile more often than you frown, when you age, your ‘smile lines’ will allow you to look way younger than you are, and extremely beautiful. Smiling is easy; it could make someone’s day. Who doesn’t want to make someone’s day?