This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

As the end of my college career upsettingly comes to an end, I am faced with too many questions. What I am going to do after graduation? What field do I want to work in? Am I going to graduate school? Have I applied to any jobs yet? But my favorite question is this: where do you see yourself in five years?

This question often holds so much weight and needs to be answered with an immediate response. In the past, I have dreaded this question because I honestly do not know exactly what I want to be when I grow up. But I have realized recently, that it is okay that I don’t know exactly where I’ll be in five years.

My answer is never the same, it is always changing. And that is why it is my favorite. From day to day, I am never exactly the same.

We cannot have an exact plan for the future. We never know what is going to happen. You obviously have to have an answer for an interviewer or a parent, but don’t let it get to you. Reach for all your dreams, but don’t be tied down to one specific achievement or goal.  Your dream life has most likely changed from what you wanted as a young college freshman. You have grown in so many different ways in the past few years, which has naturally lead to growth and development. You don’t want your changed and improved self to live in your old dreams. If your plan doesn’t go exactly how you envisioned, move ahead.  Move on to bigger, better and brighter things. You grow so much during college. Different ideas, concepts and people in your life lead to changes in vision and dreams.

The world is filled with so many opportunities, so who knows where you will end up? Your perfect plan for your future could change at any moment, and that is okay! Take that class you never thought you would, interview for a job that you have an interest in even if it has nothing to do with your college major, or move somewhere on a whim! Follow your gut and your dreams!

Even though I do not know exactly what I want to do after I graduate, I am open to whatever is thrown my way. I have no idea where I want to be in five years, but I have confidence and hope that I will end up exactly where I am supposed to be.

It takes courage to change and be the person you really want to be, so don’t be afraid. The best is always to come. 

Jenna Bruchalski is a junior at The University of Scranton majoring in Strategic Communications with a concentration in Public Relations and a minor in Business. She is a Jersey girl who loves life, iced coffee and America. Jenna loves to travel, being at the beach and spending time with her family and friends. You can find her on campus wearing her monogrammed necklace, either reading celebrity news or on any form of social media. Jenna is very excited to be a part of the Her Campus team! Follow her on Instagram @jennabruch
Elizabeth Transue is a Communication Broadcasting major with a minor in Political Science at The University of Scranton. Her life changed when she studied abroad in London and fell in love with traveling. She is obsessed with her adorable pug, Chikfila, and her eleven best friends who just so happen to be her housemates. She can't hold a tune or keep a rhythm but that doesn't mean you shouldn't do it! Am I right?