This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

Feelings are an annoying thing—they’re unpredictable, uncontrollable and come out of nowhere. One day you’re in a casual situation with a cute guy with no care in the world and next you’re fantasizing about your wedding day. So now there is no more denying it when your friends ask, you have caught feelings, and now you have to decide what you are going to do about it. 

We live in a generation where a casual relationship can mean anything from friends with benefits to a real relationship just without labels. So sometimes it’s hard to tell what you two even are to begin with, which makes things even more confusing. Why can’t all the answers be there for us to make life a whole lot easier?

Your next step is to decide what you are going to do about this. Do you tell the person how you’re feeling or keep it locked inside and only confide in your girlfriends? The scariest part of catching feelings for someone you are casually dating is the unknown of how they will react and if they will express the same feelings back. 

But, what’s even scarier is when you catch feelings and you find out they are just a major f*ck boy, after they brought you out on Valentine’s Day and got you flowers and a teddy bear. Now what do you do? MOVE ON LADIES! Cut the situation off before you get even more sick with the feelings bug, and find someone better. It might take a few nights out with your friends, even some extra junk food, and/or a burning ceremony of the bear he bought, but odds are you were too good for him anyways!

Gabriella Basile was CC and President of Her Campus Scranton during the 2018-2019 academic school year.