This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

Valentine’s Day can offer couples a day to celebrate each other and show some extra love. This does not mean that gift giving is essential, but some couples may want to surprise each other with a little something.

If you are looking for some simple gift ideas for your significant other, but are also sticking within a reasonable budget, here are some simple ideas!

1) A gift card to their favorite store/restaurant.

2) Valentine’s Day chocolates or roses (obviously)

3) A beanie or fuzzy socks (still a good amount of winter to go)

4) A homemade meal

5) A candle

6) Their favorite perfume/cologne

7) A fun date night (try something fun and new you haven’t done before)

8) A handwritten letter (this would pair well with any of these other gift ideas)

Valentine’s Day does not necessarily call for gifts, but if that is the way that you like to display your love, here are a few simple ideas that you could surprise your partner with!

Hi! I am Brooke and I am a student at the University of Scranton. I am majoring in Occupational Therapy. When I am not cramming in school work (lol) I love spending my time with friends going out to eat, shopping, watching movies, and more. I am a new member to HC this year and I am very excited to see where this experience brings my friends and me!