This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

As 2023 is coming to an end, December is a perfect time for reflection and redirection. In order to end December with the best vibes possible, I’ve compiled a list of my December Do’s!

Buy yourself that little sweet treat!

If you’re anything like me, nothing is better than a Grande Iced Sugar Cookie Almond Latte from Starbucks. I am fully in my sweet treat era—the power of a sweet treat is totally unmatched. Being a college girl is tough AF, and sometimes we need a little pick me up, and that’s okay! Whether your version of a “sweet treat” is a little latte, a scoop of ice-cream, or even something as small as a Kit-Kat, make sure you’re rewarding yourself this December. You deserve it!

Go to the gym!

I know that it’s cold outside and getting up to go to the gym is the last thing people want to do, but I promise it is so worth it once you’re there. For me, the gym is a great place to clear my mind and destress. I love putting on a cute gym set, blasting some 2000’s throwbacks and going on my Hot Girl Walk (AKA, hitting the Stairmaster).

Journal!

I am such a fan of journaling. As someone who deals with a lot of anxiety, stressful situations can at times feel all-consuming. However, I have found journaling to be a great outlet in easing my mind. And the best part? There’s no right or wrong way to do it!

Make lists!

Similar to journaling, I loveeeee making lists. In my opinion, there’s nothing better than making a To-Do list and being able to cross off the things I accomplished. I’ve also been super into making gratitude lists. We have so much to be thankful for, and a gratitude list is a great way to remind yourself of that!

Get into the Christmas Spirit!

December is the definition of good vibes! So, put up those decorations, cue up that Christmas playlist and spread the holiday cheer! Christmas comes once a year, so if it makes you happy, savor every moment (and put on that Christmas movie marathon)!

Be kind!

It costs nothing to be kind, and yet it can make a world of a difference! Not only will it make someone else feel good, but it will also make you feel good too. So as December comes, do one kind thing a day—I promise you won’t regret it!

My name is Sofia and I am a Psychology major at the University of Scranton! When I am not writing for Her Campus, you could find me reading, baking, or watching Real Housewives!