This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

Spring has finally sprung in our chilly little city. With the weather making it difficult to recognize and indulge in this beautiful time of year, there are some events that can help you in becoming a little more excited for April, as well as participate in and support the events our endearing city and surrounding areas have to offer. 

A few events are being carried from March into April, so there is just a small amount of time left to take advantage and enjoy them! Every Saturday until April 12, South Side Winter Farmers Market provides a vast array of fresh fruits and veggies. Also ending April 12, Albright Memorial Library is hosting Seven Continents: A Traveling Art Exhibition to allow the area to immerse themselves in a cultural experience. 

Other things are simply beginning in the month of April. On April 1, Lackawanna Coal Mine Tour opens officially for the season. It’s honestly a rite of passage to go on this tour if you reallywent to Scranton. The Scranton/Wilkes Barre Railriders host their home opener on April 11, officially kicking off Twos-days at the ballpark ($2 admission, $2 Landsharks, can NOT pass that up people). 

Most events, however, are simply one-time occasions that must not be ignored. It’s probably far too late to register, let alone train, for the upcoming Scranton Half Marathon on April 7; however, it’s never too late to attend and support everyone crazy enough to actually participate. The Electric City Tattoo convention also occupies this weekend, as well as First Friday at Downtown Scranton where we can all go and indulge in the restaurant’s specials and support the local businesses. The following weekend, April 14, when there should hopefully be the ideal spring weather, attend the Bridge the Gap bike ride around McDade. Don’t worry, they provide bikes and protective gear. All you have to do is show up and enjoy the beautiful scenery! 

The final weekend of the month is by far the most packed with events. Montage Mountain hosts their Brewfest, DJ Pauly D takes over the Sherman Theater, our very own Weinberg Memorial Library hosts their annual book sale, and the Scranton Cultural Center offers the community an evening of food and wine to finish the weekend on a high, and full, note. 

There are plenty of other events happening in this area in the next few months, so I highly suggest taking time to sit down and look into any events I most definitely missed. The little things Scranton has to offer will contribute to the memories made this spring and start the summer on a high note!

Kassaundra Thiel is an avid coffee drinker and fashion fanatic attending the University of Scranton seeking a degree in Biochemistry, with a minor in Philosophy. 
Gabriella Basile was CC and President of Her Campus Scranton during the 2018-2019 academic school year.