This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

Don’t have the money to travel to the beach? Coronavirus keeping you from getting on that plane?  There is plenty to do without plenty in your bank account. 

Plan a night with the girls

Grab your favorite snacks and face masks, put on the music, and chill with your girls. Being away at college means lots to catch up on. 

Go on a hike

Being with nature is a great way to get mind off school and have a good time.

Read a book

Reading can be very therapeutic and stress-relieving, so why not take some time for yourself and lay back with a good book. 

Have a craft day 

Grab a piece of paper, grab some paint or pencils, or anything you find and be creative. It is a great way to spend time with yourself and still use that brain on break. 

Movie/Television Marathon 

So busy at school you can’t sit and watch TV? Grab the popcorn and get your binge on. 

Spring break doesn’t always happen like it does in the movies. Sometimes we need to sit back and think of other ways to have fun and relax on break. So, remember to take time for yourself and enjoy your spring break without breaking the bank. 

Natalie Cook

Scranton '22

Hi there! I'm Natalie, Junior Social Media Strategies major and Head of Facebook for Her Campus Scranton :) I’m just here to write some articles and have some fun?
Carly Long

Scranton '22

Carly is a senior studying Strategic Communications with a concentration in Legal Studies at The University of Scranton. This is her third year as CC at HC Scranton, which she hopes to continue to elevate. In her free time Carly can be found writing, working out, or buying new products to feed her skincare addiction.