This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

We are at the home stretch. There are only a few weeks left before finals, and this time is stressful for everyone. Self-care is probably not the first thing on everybody’s mind, but it is important to take care of yourself to do well. Here are my quick tips for you.

Take a walk / workout

This is a great way to take a break from studying and get moving. Even though you’ll be taking a break, you will still be doing something to improve yourself. You will also be able to clear your head before getting back to studying. You will come back ready to work again. 

Spend time with friends

Get lunch or dinner with friends or study with them. 

Treat yourself

It is important to treat yourself after working so hard! Get Starbucks, a baked good, whatever makes you happy. If you enjoy it, and it helps you feel better, then it is something you should do.

Go to sleep early

This may be hard, but getting enough sleep is important for both your mental and physical health. 

Have a relaxing spa night

Do your nails, a facemask, take a bath, whatever you enjoy doing that will help you destress. 

Do some journaling

If you are having a hard day, write about it. If you feel motivated, write. Nobody needs to see it, just write what you want, and you can start over the next day.

Audrey Saliba

Scranton '24

I am an international business major at the University of Scranton. I love fashion, beauty, and health and enjoy spending time with friends, reading, and baking.
Carly Long

Scranton '22

Carly is a senior studying Strategic Communications with a concentration in Legal Studies at The University of Scranton. This is her third year as CC at HC Scranton, which she hopes to continue to elevate. In her free time Carly can be found writing, working out, or buying new products to feed her skincare addiction.