This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

Since the start of this quarantine because of the coronavirus I have been missing my friends a lot and have been terrified of the future, like I know most people have been feeling too. So, I just wanted to write something a little uplifting during this dark and terrifying time. 

I want you, the reader, to know that the moral of this article is life has a funny way of working itself out, no matter how grave the situation or circumstance seems. Everything happens for a reason. Every conversation had, relationship made, and hug given have a purpose. These things allow us to grow and understand who we are and aspire to be in the future. Remember to cherish each day and person you encounter. 

Every day gives you something to be grateful and appreciative for. Whether it’s a wave from the person delivering your mail or a hug from a family member, each day brings you something to love and be thankful for. I do not know what the future holds for me or for any of us, but I know I am going to do my best to make each and every, day count. I want to live my life to the absolute fullest—and stop living in a constant state of worry and regret past events.  

Our lives are all beautiful—and beautiful things have a way of attracting other beautiful things to them. I know my life will be rich and I know I deserve a life full of peace and happiness just as we all do! 

Kelly Goria

Scranton '22

Kelly is a junior Counseling and Human Services major at the University of Scranton. You can expect to find her listening to country music or writing if she isn't on a run or spending time with her friends. She loves to explore and take on new experiences as well as volunteer. 
Carly Long

Scranton '22

Carly is a senior studying Strategic Communications with a concentration in Legal Studies at The University of Scranton. This is her third year as CC at HC Scranton, which she hopes to continue to elevate. In her free time Carly can be found writing, working out, or buying new products to feed her skincare addiction.