Keep on Brewing: Coffee the Elixir of Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

Everyone has a coffee-hater in their life. You know, the person constantly shaming you for drinking coffee every single day, the person constantly reminding just how “bad” coffee is for you. Well, after reading this article, you’ll have plenty of facts to fire back against this coffee-hater the next time they try to shame you.

1. Coffee can help you burn fat

Caffeine is one of the very few natural substances proven to aid in burning fat. In fact, caffeine can boost metabolism by up to 10%.

2. Black coffee prevents cavities

Strong black coffee kills bacteria in your mouth that often results in cavities; however, adding milk or sugar to your coffee negates this ability

3. Caffeine can improve physical performance

Caffeine increases adrenaline levels and releases fatty acids from fat tissues, increasing physical performance

4. Coffee can fight depression and make you happier

In a Harvard study, it was found that women who drink four or more cups per day had a 20% lower risk of becoming depressed than those who drank no cups a day

5. Reduces post-workout pain

Two cups of coffee can cut post-workout pains by up to 48%

6. In women, coffee lowers the risk of skin cancer

Women who drink 3 or more cups per day are more likely to have a lower risk of skin cancer

Moral of the story?

COFFEE IS THE BEST THING EVER. KEEP DRINKING IT.

Kassaundra Thiel is an avid coffee drinker and fashion fanatic attending the University of Scranton seeking a degree in Biochemistry, with a minor in Philosophy. 
Dania El-Ghazal

Scranton '18

My whole biography realistically can't fit here so