This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

It’s officially the time when everyone is sick

It is the time when our energy is at an all-time low and the weather is getting colder by the day. Everywhere you go, you hear the endless sniffles and coughs coming from people around you. When you think about it, this always seems to happen this time of year. So, what is it? The post midterm blues? The post fall break blues? Whatever it is, all I know is it’s captivating everyone around me, and I unfortunately got caught up with it too. So, I come to you, writing this from the comfort of my bed, with three blankets on, fuzzy socks, and a mountain of tissues piled next to me.

What to do when you’re sick

At this point, all I want to do is stay in my bed until this is all over. All I can think about is drinking boiling hot cups of lemon tea, eating all the junk food, and binge watching Sex and the City. But is that really possible? Can any of us really afford to sit around and do nothing, even when we are sick? NOPE. Instead of channeling my inner Carrie Bradshaw, while sipping on my tea, I went to class all week, and find myself still doing endless assignments. 

How to get through it

After all the constant complaining and endless moaning, it’s time to figure out some ways to kick that sickness in the butt. Do things that make you feel good. Go get a manicure or go shopping— do something that will make you forget that you cannot breathe out of your nose at the moment. Drink lots and lots of tea. Not only does it taste great, but it can help your sore throat not feel like razors for a little while. And, my most important advice is TAKE MEDICINE. Don’t be that one person who is too good to go to the doctor or take something to help. I promise you, you won’t regret it. And if all else fails, use it as an excuse to spend a little extra time in bed. 

Gabriella Basile was CC and President of Her Campus Scranton during the 2018-2019 academic school year.