How I fake having my life together

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

Here is a list of things I do when I’m not feeling my best, but want to look like I have my life together. Everything on this list helps me boost my confidence and feel like the powerful woman I am!  

A 10-minute dance party. It’s only 10 minutes, but once you start you won’t want to stop! 

Cleaning my space. Clear space, clear mind! 

Working out. Although it hurts, I feel empowered and energized afterwards! 

Mascara. Mascara is a game changer for me, putting some on completely boosts my confidence.  

Post an artsy snap. Because even if you haven’t showered of left your bed in two days, a cup of coffee on your snap story makes you look productive.  

Chug some water. Sometimes you aren’t in a bad mood, you are just dehydrated. 

Eat some food. Same thing as before, sometimes a snack will completely change your mood and energize you! 

Put on a cute outfit. You will feel so good about yourself because when you look good, you feel good! 

Spend time with friends. I promise they will make you laugh, especially when you don’t want to!

Never push or force yourself to do something that other people say will “instantly boost your mood”, if you don’t want to do it, don’t! Listen to your mind and your body, it will most likely tell you what it needs to make you feel better. You don’t need to have your life together every single day, taking time for rest and self-care is the most important part of balancing your life! It’s not easy being a girl boss, don’t push yourself to be perfect 24/7 because it’s so unrealistic.  

Hi my name is Bella! I am a Public Relations and Social Media Strategies double major concentrating in Women Studies! I am passionate about social media, editing, dance, and fashion! I love to write and spend most of my time editing instagram pictures. I hope you enjoy the articles I have written!
Carly Long

Scranton '22

Carly is a senior studying Strategic Communications with a concentration in Legal Studies at The University of Scranton. This is her third year as CC at HC Scranton, which she hopes to continue to elevate. In her free time Carly can be found writing, working out, or buying new products to feed her skincare addiction.