Celina Timmerman-Cup
Celina Timmerman-Cup
Celina Timmerman / Her Campus
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

Mark Twain once said, “Life is short. Break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that once made you smile.”

Recently I realized just how important forgiveness is; not just for the sake of others but for ourselves as well. The power to forgive allows for personal growth. There is no reason to dwell on something or someone too long because you deserve happiness. To be forgiving is to let go. Let go of the things that leave you feeling in a state of stagnation. 

Life happens fast, so sit back and let these experiences transform you. We can’t simply wake up a butterfly, because growth is an inevitable and imperative process in all our lives. Instead of resisting, accept and greet growth with a grin. Without it, we’d be alone and isolated in our own wellbeing, we’d miss out on the world’s greatest and most beautiful sights and attributes…kindness, gratitude, forgiveness, and love. 

Grow for the ability to acquire the world’s greatest gifts. Grow to become the most remarkable version of yourself.

Kelly Goria

Scranton '22

Kelly is a junior Counseling and Human Services major at the University of Scranton. You can expect to find her listening to country music or writing if she isn't on a run or spending time with her friends. She loves to explore and take on new experiences as well as volunteer. 
Carly Long

Scranton '22

Carly is a senior studying Strategic Communications with a concentration in Legal Studies at The University of Scranton. This is her third year as CC at HC Scranton, which she hopes to continue to elevate. In her free time Carly can be found writing, working out, or buying new products to feed her skincare addiction.