Fashion I’m Falling for this Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

It’s time to put away the white jeans now that Labor Day has passed! Along with the crop tops, flip flops, and bathing suits that are going into storage until next year. Start looking for fall clothing because the season will be here before we know it. Here are some of my favorites!

1. A VestA vest is the perfect happy-medium between the variations in weather. Not too hot, not too cold! Justtttttttttt right.

2. FlannelsFlannels are my go-to for layering. All the stores will be quickly stocked with them. Perfect for mixing and matching – they come in so many colors and styles. PS: Don’t forget to partake in Flannel Fridays!

3. Elbow PatchesA classic brown leather patch on the sleeve of a button down is always a fun touch and great to match with your brown leather boots. This style dresses a shirt up just enough but still meets the casual recommendations.

4. BootiesThe perfect transition between summer and fall is a classic bootie. Getting peep-toe booties still gives you some time to show off that pedicure!

5. SweatersSweaters give you just the right amount of warmth during the fall season. Cardigans and cable knits are two of so many adorable styles you can rock this season.

6. Blanket ScarfBlanket scarves are great because not only are they stylish, but they can be worn so many ways. You can keep a classic fall look by wearing it as a regular scarf or mix it up and wear it as a shall or poncho. The possibilities are endless! 

Anna Layaou is an accounting major and currently a sophomore at the University of Scranton. She loves puppies, food, and her school. She enjoys traveling to new places and meeting new people! If she's not studying or hanging out with her best friends, you can probably catch her watching Gossip Girl or online shopping. Follow her on instagram or twitter @annalayaou
Samantha is an East Coast girl from Pennsylvania with a New York City attitude and a Florida mindset. Her shopping habits are contagious; she has inherited them from her mom (they say mother knows best, right?). Samantha is a University of Scranton senior majoring in Strategic Communication with a minor in Business. She is the Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Scranton, which she co-founded in September 2014 with her best friend, Elise. She is also the captain for Scranton Love Your Melon and secretary of the University of Scranton's Business Club. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter, @samanthaamilazzo @samanthaliza_