Kraft Mac N Cheese
Kraft Mac N Cheese
Jocelyn Hsu / Spoon

Delicious Mac & Cheese recipe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

Every year when fall comes around and I start to really break out my sweatshirts, I find myself in a mood that can only be described as cozy. One of my favorite ways to get in that cozy mood is to throw on one of my numerous sweatshirts, curl up in front of the TV, and eat warm homemade mac and cheese. My mom is an amazing cook and one of the few dishes I learned from her is, of course, one of my favorites, mac and cheese. I would make it often during high school when my mom was stuck at work or had a long day. It is a meal I will eat any time of the year, but I find myself craving it more during the fall season. It is the perfect dinner for a brisk fall day but also an amazing leftover for lunch the very next day. 

Ingredients: 

1lb box of macaroni pasta 

2 cans of cream of mushroom soup 

Milk 

14 ounces of shredded cheese 

Italian Breadcrumbs 

Steps: 

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit 

2. Put pot of water on the stove on high and once it boils add the pasta to the water and cook for seven to eight minutes. You want it to be a little al dente 

3. Drain pot in a colander and put the pot on a potholder 

4. Open both cans of the cream of mushroom soup and put in the pot and then fill the cans about ¾ of the way full of milk and then dump both cans in with the cream of mushroom. Stir the milk and soup together so it’s more smooth than chunky 

5. Add the cheese to the pot and stir it in with the milk and soup. Then add the pasta and stir that in. 

6. After everything is stirred pour the mixture into a deep ceramic dish and cover the mixture in Italian breadcrumbs 

7. Cook the mac and cheese for 30 minutes and let cool 

8. Enjoy! 

Carly Long

Scranton '22

Carly is a senior studying Strategic Communications with a concentration in Legal Studies at The University of Scranton. This is her third year as CC at HC Scranton, which she hopes to continue to elevate. In her free time Carly can be found writing, working out, or buying new products to feed her skincare addiction.