This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

Something about the fall season puts me in a baking mood! One of my favorite fall baking items are cinnamon scones. Below is the recipe I use! It makes 8 scones which is perfect for breakfast before class, a snack in between classes, or to share with your friends. Happy baking!

Ingredients: 1 cup + 2 tbsp flour 3 tbsp sugar 1 tsp baking powder Pinch of salt 1/2 tsp cinnamon 1/2 cup cinnamon chips (or more if you want!) 2/3 cup light cream or half & half 2 tsp cinnamon sugar Instructions:

1. Heat oven to 375°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

2. Stir flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt together in a medium bowl.

3. Add cinnamon chips and mix well.

4. Stir cream into flour mixture, stirring until the ingredients are just mixed.

5. Place dough on a lightly floured surface. Gently knead until the dough forms a ball.

6. Shape dough into a circle about 1 inch thick and cut into eight triangles.

7. Place triangles on a baking sheet about 2 inches apart.

8. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.

9. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned.

These scones are best served warm. Make sure to store them in an airtight container for optimal freshness later in the week. Bon appétit!

Ariana Isayiw

Scranton '25

I am a kinesiology major at the University of Scranton. I am from Westminster, Maryland but absolutely love the idea of living in North Carolina one day! My favorite season is fall, my favorite color is lavender, and my favorite food is sushi. I am not a writer at heart but love compiling short lists that share my favorite things :)