Wellness > Sex + Relationships

5 reasons to not be sad and single for Valentines’ day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

1. Going on the “perfect” Valentines date does NOT exist and is so cliché!

Chances are most couples will go to some over-priced restaurant with mediocre food and small portions JUST to post a Snapchat story.

2. More candy for yourself!!

Nothing is more amazing then all the discounted candy available after V-day has passed!

3. You can still use the day to show your love to those close to you.

Take your mom to go get your nails done. Take your grandma out to eat. Make dinner for your dad and watch sports with him. Or even just get a group of your friends and hangout! It’s a day of love, not necessarily relationships.

4. Use the day as a self-love day

You deserve love just as much as anyone else. Have a spa day for yourself; do a face mask, paint your nails or whatever you like! Make the day about you because you deserve it!

5. There are so many single influential women 

Women such as Oprah Winfrey, Queen Latifa, and recently Ariana Grande. If these hot and inspirational celebs can rock being single on Valentine’s Day, so can you.

I am currently a junior majoring in psychology at the University of Scranton. I am Scranton born and raised. I plan on attending grad school after completing my studies at the University. I also love to write about almost anything especially in regards to mental health.