This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

With the holiday season in full swing, there are many ways to get in the holiday spirit. After stressing for finals and making it through another semester here are a few things to do to relax before coming back for the new year. 

1. Friendsgiving

Gather with your friends and have a memorable dinner filled with food and laughter.

2. New York City

Personal favorite: see The Christmas Spectacular with the Rockettes or the Tree at Rockefeller Center, maybe even go ice skating in Bryant Park. Let’s be honest…nothing is better than NYC in the winter. 

3. Bake sweet treats

Get out those baking utensils and make homemade apple or pumpkin pies, or just settle for those really yummy holiday-themed Pillsbury cookies. 

4. Decorate

Is there a better way to get into the holiday spirit than decorating?

5. Christmas movies

Watch holiday movies while cuddled up in your warm house. Here are some of our favorites to watch: Elf, National Lampoons Christmas Vacation, The Grinch, and Home Alone.

6. Wind down

Drink some hot cocoa, eggnog or a glass of wine (only if you’re 21!).

7. Spend time with family and friends

Nothing is better than sharing memories with a loving family and great friends. 

8. Drive around and admire lights

Although a ride to look at pretty town and house decorations is fun, make sure you’re careful with all the snow on the roads!

9. Take cute pictures in the snow

I think we can all agree that artsy pictures in the snow will boost your Instagram.

10. Play in the snow

Snow doesn’t happen all that often so take advantage and have some fun this holiday season!

Marcella Creasy

Scranton '20

I am a junior mathematics major at The University of Scranton. I absolutely love exploring and going on adventures. Additionally, you can find me watching football (Go Birds!) or playing basketball/volleyball. I like to think of myself as a fun, outgoing person who is always down to have a good time :)
I am currently a junior finance major at The University of Scranton. I love hanging out with friends and family because that's where I feel most comfortable. I'm the type of person who loves to go with the flow and just live in the moment because that's where I feel like most of my best memories come from.
Gabriella Basile was CC and President of Her Campus Scranton during the 2018-2019 academic school year.